Chapter 16

Castle of the Past

~

You walked on the empty hallway of the castle. Humming a lullaby on your way to your room. The same lullaby was playing in the village, more orchestrated and with people harmonizing. They celebrated the kingdom that was saved from the King of Evil.

"Princess, why don't you go down there and celebrate?" Said your maid, Akira. "Kicking me out?" You chuckled.

"No! Of course not. You just look so gloomy.." She responded. 'Do I really look gloomy?' You thought.

"Well, I'll be going..call me if you need anything, princess." She said and left. You walked outside to the balcony and looked down. You wondered who was the King of Evil and who saved the land. The land of Hyrule, they said.

~

You and Link walked up the stairs to the castle. Looking up the same balcony you escaped from. "Flashbacks?" Link asked. "Uhh..yes."

Entering the castle, you saw the carpet lead to the throne.

~

"My queen...are you telling me you're part of them..?" A duke asked. "Yes, now scram!"

You stood in the distance, listening to them.

~

"I don't see her anywhere.." Link said. "Should we look around?" You asked. "Would that be a good idea..?" He responded. You walked up the throne and sat on it.

Sitting sideways with your legs up, the queen finally decided to arrive.

"The disrespect, (Y/N)." She said. "You will never have the throne."

Mother or not, you planned on taking her out. "Akari!"

~

You hummed louder as everything around burned to the ground. Running to escape, you passed by all the servants and maids who were already dead. Looking at the throne room, the walls has fallen so you couldn't see anyone.

Leaving the castle, you stumbled upon Akira who was also dead. Flinching at the sight of her pale skin, you freaked out and ran away. Hoping to see the light.

~

You aimed the arrow at her face. "You really think you can do it?" She smirked. "You really think killing me will fix all this?" You asked.

She scoffed. Your clothes changed back to your princess dress. It was the place that changed it. She had rebuilt it with magic of her own that changed things to the way they were in the past.

As the light of the bow and arrow glowed, you couldn't help but drown in the darkness of the aura in the castle.

You released the arrow, making her dodge as quick as lighting. She grabbed the arrow and impaled your shoulder. Link shouted your name. "(Y/N)!!"

He grabbed a cloth from his bag and wrapped it around the injury to stop the bleeding. You grunted.

Akari as the bow, had fallen to the ground.

"Don't you know dropping your spirit is a curse?" She said. You stood up and picked her up. "Next attack from you and you'll lose this battle."

"That makes no sense!" You shouted. "But it does!"

"Akari..?" You called. She stayed silent. Later, saying she didn't know that. Link shot a bomb and arrow at her out of the sudden. "Next attack was from me." Turning to you. "One attack mattered and that's it. You're free."

"Akari. Revert." You said. The queen made it all the way up to you. To every attack she made, you used your hands to creates shields. At the end, you pushed her away. She looked at Link and fought with him. Link swung his sword, using all of his skills.

The metal sounds from his shield was all
you heard so you went to join him.

She pushed you two away with such force. "Master..." Link heard.

"The staff. Use it." You heard Akari say.

Link took out the staff. "How do we use it against her?" He asked. You see the gem missing. "We need a gem!"

"Now?!"

"Or..she's the gem..!"

Link pointed the staff at her, but she blew it away. "No!"

Someone from behind attacked her. It was Avani and your people!

The queen aimed a power ball at them. You created a barrier to protect them. Link quickly grabbed the staff and pointed it at her. "N-No!!!"

All of her soul got sucked in to make a gem. Once it was in the staff, the gem exploded. There was nothing now..until seconds later, she re-emerged.

"What?!"

Akari thought it would work. She got out as a spirit. "(Y/N). Nothing will work. She's too strong. I'm sorry, (Y/N)." When she said that, a lot of power got taken from you. Link stopped you from falling as you fainted.

"From my years as a living being and a spirit, I have to say this is the most I've loved. Before I go, I give her the gift of luck and saneness. You're the only one who can help her, Link."

"W-Wait! Where are you going?!" Link called her. "Akari!!"

Akari created a portal for everyone to go back. "When she wakes up, tell her I love her."

"Will you come back?"

"Maybe. Maybe not. When she wakes, come back here. Everything will be better."

Link passed out. Avani and the people helped you two go through the portal.

They got in and the portal was gone. Akari turned to the queen.

"Why are you grieving? You're just a spirit." She smiled. Akari was now standing up on her feet and raised arms. "I call upon the gods and goddesses. In the name of Athena, please! Help me get rid of this awful malice!"

The queen laughed it off. "You are nothing! You are nothing! You're nothing! You're nothing! You're dead!"

As the sun rises once again on the kingdom, Akari pointed at the queen. The queen gasps to what she had seen. "For your child! Even if I'm well aware that I'll go with her...just for (Y/N)."

All of the power from the gods has come down on them, vanishing them and the land.

~

"I wonder if we'll have a next life." He wondered. "I doubt it. They forget people like you and detest people like me." She responded.

"Yeah..but what if we come back? What would you wish?"

"I wish to come back as a spirit. What about you, Link?"

"Anything that means I can be fulfilled with my duty. I know it sounds crazy, Akari..but it's an odd feeling."