Chapter-12

Chapter-12

-Push and Pull

Diana Thomas's POV

"Thank you," I say taking the tray from Nick.

"Welcome." He sits down beside me and we all resume chatting again.

"So, how is everything going on with the boss?" Lia asks. I can't stop the sigh that left my mouth. The boss? Yes, the Boss. One or the other thing keeps happening and I keep hearing these voices in my head that I can't stop. Sometimes I am having dreams that don't seem like dreams at all. I definitely think these visions are not just my imaginations anymore. These are purely memories. I can't see the faces of whom I am talking to, but the voices... they seem so real. My head is aching more than usual. Maybe it's because my memories are coming back or at least I think they are.

"Fine, I guess."

"Something happened?"

"No. All is well. Oh God! I am supposed to send him the presentation by two O'clock." I gather my things to get up when my phone rings. I look at the caller ID and there it is, the mystery ID that I have on my contact list. MM. After I lost my memory, I have called this contact number which was nearly a year ago and no one responded. Now I am getting a call from this number. I quickly pick it up. "Hello!"

I eagerly wait for the person to respond. There was no response.

"Hello. May I ask who is speaking?"

I wait for the other person to speak.

"Hello. Can you please-" The line suddenly goes dead before I can complete my sentence. "Hello! Hello!" I look at the phone and sigh.

"What happened?" Nick asks.

"They have cut the call."

"It might be a wrong number," he says eating his burger. I look at him and then back at the phone feeling disappointed. Who is the caller? Was it a male or female? Why didn't they respond? Why did they call suddenly call after all these months? I don't usually save numbers with such small code words unless I am close to them. That person must know me as well. But why did they cut the call instead of talking?

I call back at that number again and that person has cut the call. Of course! I look at Nick and that's when I remember something. "Nick."

"Yeah." His mouth is filled with the burger as he answers.

"You said your brother is a cop right?"

"Damn right he is!" His concentration is completely on his food.

"Can you please ask him for a favor for me?"

"What?" Now I have his attention.

"Pleaseee." I give the pleading look with puppy dog eyes.

"No."

"Oh, come on. Please."

He rolls his eyes. "What is it?"

"I have a contact number that I want him to find out who it is."

"Something sounds fishy." He looks at me suspiciously.

"There is nothing fishy about it. I have saved the number in my contact and I forgot who it is. Now this person is not responding to my calls. I want to know who it is."

He looks at me for a few seconds before speaking. "I have so many questions, but I am not in the mood to ask. Send me the number, I will see what I can do."

"Thank you!" I get up and hug him excitedly. "Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!"

"You are welcome." He laughs at my excitement.