.28

STILL
"
ALIVE"

NATALIA RAN down the hallway of the transport as fast as her legs could carry her

NATALIA RAN down the hallway of the transport as fast as her legs could carry her. The nausea had faded, leaving her with a few dizzy spells every often but it was nothing she couldn't handle. The plan was for her to sneak onto the ship with the child while the Mandalorian distracted the others and meet her there. But the plan changed once Natalia heard the loud clanging and groans coming from down the hallway. 

The transport had been placed on the backup generator, the white lights now a dull red. Natalia knew the Mandalorian had split up the group making it so they'd have no choice but to travel by themselves. 

A loud roar filled Natalia's ears as she neared the control room. She tightened her grip on her blaster and slowed her run to a walk as she rounded the corner to peek into the room. The man who had run the ship was dead on the floor and before him Burg was holding the Mandalorian by either side of the helmet.

"Let's see your face, Mandalorian." Burg taunted.

Natalia quickly raised her blaster, pulling the trigger the instant her sights lined up with his head. The blast echoed throughout the control room of the transport. Silence filling the hair until Burg's body finally hit the floor with a thud. The Mandalorian's helmet quickly shot to Natalia's direction his blaster following but he was quick to lower it once he saw it was only Natalia.

"I told you to get to the ship." The Mandalorian stated.

"You're welcome."   

"We can't stay here." The Mandalorian said as he began to walk out of the room. "Come on."

Natalia followed after him down the hallway. "I'm guessing we don't have much time." Natalia said. "We have to get to the ship."

"We will." The Mandalorian said with a nod. "But we're going to have to split up."

"What?! Why?" 

The Mandalorian only pointed forward. Natalia followed his finger down the hallway to find X'ian at the end of it, looking straight at them. "Go to the ship."

"But..." Natalia started.

"Go." The Mandalorian spoke sternly, pushing Natalia out of the way as a knife ricocheted from his armor. 

Natalia nodded before running down the opposite hallway. She held her and over the satchel the child sat it to keep it from bouncing too much as she ran. Natalia didn't exactly know where she was going. The lights in this section were completely gone, even the red ones from the backup generator.  Every second of so the lights would flicker on for a second and it was that second Natalia relied on to figure out where she was. 

Natalia was about to turn onto a new hallway when a yelp stopped her mid track. Her grip on her blaster tightened as she turned around. She could make out a figure but didn't know what to think of it until the light's flashed to reveal Mayfield's bald head.