Earth Mode ON: FOURTY

(Can you believe it?! We are on chapter 40!!)

○○○○○○

"Did you see her anywhere?"

"Who?"

"Lee Seo Yeon."

"I don't know who that is."

"She was supposed to be here but now she is gone! The doctor said she isn't supposed to be going anywhere on her feet right now!"

I heard two nurses discuss as Namjoon helped me to my bed. One of the nurses was the one who initially came to check up on me, so I guess she was assigned to me. I knew that I'll get a good amount of scolding from both her and the doctor, but I couldn't care any less. Seeing Hoseok, Taehyung, Jin and Jimin was more important to me than the well being of my leg. It was not like I used it anyway. Thanks to Namjoon, I was able to go back and forth without having to apply any weight on my injured leg.

"There she is," I heard the nurse mumble to herself with annoyance. She wasn't a threat to me in any way, yet the way she approached me with that annoyed and angry look on her face scared me, and my heart started pumping blood around my body in an accelerated rate.

"Where have you been?! You know that you aren't supposed to be walking around! You just came out from surgery and are still at risk of getting infected!" She scolded me. She then removed my arm forcefully from around Namjoon's shoulder and held it herself instead.

"W-" Namjoon was going to say but she cut him off.

"The doctor told you specifically to not allow her to get up, but you disobeyed him too! How can I trust you?" The nurse scolded him too.

"Why are you talking to him like that? He did it out of good intention!" I talked back to the nurse.

"You two are very irresponsible. I can't even-" She started but I interrupted her.

"I'm thankful towards your efforts in keeping me safe, but there is no need for you to scold the two of us. You are in no position to do so. You can't possibly care about my well being more than I do," I said with a cold tone.

Her eyes widened at my statement and she let a breath escape her mouth. She then put me down on my bed and reattached the needle back to my hand.

"Stay here, for the last time. We have patients with more serious injuries, and we don't want to add up to them. Infection isn't a joke," She said then turned around to leave.

I looked at her back as she disappeared into the crowd of patients and nurses. I let a sigh escape my mouth and threw myself backwards on my bed. It is all my fault that Namjoon had to be scolded in that manner. That he had to be called "irresponsible" when he was clearly even more responsible than she was. He wouldn't have had to be involved in such a mess if I hadn't pestered him with wanting to visit Hoseok and Jimin.