Jimin

I don't miss them. I don't miss them. I don't miss them. I DONT MISS THEM!
     Fuck. "I fucking miss them." Sniffling. "Did I make a mistake?"  
     Mark grasps my wrist. "No. You didn't make any mistake. This is for the best. You need your space."  
     I look into Mark's sad yet hopeful expression with guilt. "I'm sorry. I don't know why I'm burdening you with all my stupid problems. You just lost your mate. I'm being selfish—"
     He smacks his hand over my mouth, smiling a bit. "No, please. I need the distraction. My mind needs to focus on the mundane problems of others before I go crazy." He admits. "Not that I'm saying your problems are nothing or mundane but..."
     "I get it." Cutting him off. "I really miss them but I think you're right. This was the right decision for me." I try to stop second guessing myself and keep my original mission in mind. I have to be strong and willful in my choices or they will break down my resistances again and again and I'll never be heard or respected as their partner.
     I'll never be a strong vampire like Yoongi or a tough predatory wolf like Jungkook but maybe I can earn their respect somehow from my human side...
     Mark studies me. "You know, Jimin, there's nothing wrong with being the weak one in a relationship. Both your mates are extraordinarily strong and that's good but sometimes they need someone to equal them out. I don't think they would be happy together as two. Both are too demanding and strong. You fit with them both perfectly. I think that's why you've always worked so well together. I'm not saying your worries aren't worth considering but I think they are really unwarranted. You just can't see it from the outside."
      Maybe. I don't like being weak though and that just plays into my biggest insecurity of being the weakest link. So breakable. So malleable. Not good enough for either of them.
     I really have no answer for him.
     "Why are you really wanting a break? What will this solve in the end? What are you trying to prove?"
     Even to myself, I don't know. I don't understand myself completely. Is my mind as weak as my body?
     Mark sighs, rubbing my head. "Listen, get some rest. I'm going to grab a shower then come back to check on you, okay?"
     My head snaps up. "Are you okay? I should be checking on you."
     Shaking his head, he forces a smile. "There's nothing to be done. Checking on me isn't ever going to bring my Jackson back. He's gone and I'm slowly coming to terms with it. Keeping myself busy with tasks will help and after some time..." He looks away. "After some time...I'll be able to fully let him go."
      I feel my eyes tearing up. "Do you think you will ever move on?"
     He takes a moment to answer. "No, I don't think so. He was my one and only. The only reason I'm still able to breathe is because I know he would be disappointed in me if I didn't try. I'm going to continue living for him. It's the only thing I can do. Don't worry so much about me."
     He walks out and firmly closes the door behind him.

      I lay in the darkness, slowly letting my eyes adjust as I force my body to relax.
     Here I am, whining and suffering over my stupid childish issues while my friend just lost his mate forever. Why am I always so selfish?
Right. One of the main reason I left Yoongi and Jungkook was because I didn't want to be selfishly in the way anymore. They deserve better. I really need to get my act together. Ugh.    
     Closing my eyes, I turn my brain off and just bask in the silence.
     I sigh in contentment as a breeze blows over my body and I feel the bed dip. I turn and bury my face and arms around the strong body of Mark. He brushes his fingers over my cheek before leaning down to...to kiss my cheek?
Why did Mark kiss me?
     Frowning, I peak an eye open but his face is too hard to make out in the dark. "Mark?"
     His arms tighten around me, pulling me up onto his chest. His grip is hard and unbreakable making me flinch.
     "M-Mark? Are you okay?"
     Cool breath rushes over my face as he chuckles. "Am I so much like your Mark that we can be mistaken?"
     I freeze as icy terror runs through my body. I struggle but can't budge. I recognize that voice. The same voice that assaulted me as he pretended to be my hyung.
     "What—"
     Cold, hard lips shut me up. His fingers wrap in my hair to hold me in place as he pries my lips open and forces his tongue inside my mouth.
     I groan in pain as his teeth nick my lips, tasting my blood. I can't move. It hurts. "N...no..."  
      My eyes widen as footsteps approach from the hall but I can't make a sound as he silences me by stealing my breath. Just sucks it out of my lungs.   
     I use all my strength to force him away but he only effortlessly flips me under him and clenches his hand around my throat.
      His bright smile in the dark is menacing. I shudder. "I was right. You taste better than I expected. Waiting was the appropriate thing to do but I'm sorry, kitten. I don't think I can wait anymore. I'm taking you tonight. Be prepared."
     I struggle to get air as he moves his hand to clamp over my mouth as a knock sounds at my door. I want to cry out...to make any sound...but the vampire's knowing glare keeps me dead still and silent.
     "Jimin? Are you okay? Hoseok needs my help with the baby's room. I'll let you sleep. Yell if you need anything." 
     I want to cry as Mark walks away from the door but I'm also glad. I don't want him to get hurt, either.
     He removes his hand and I choke out a gasp. "W-why...me..."
     He shrugs. "I don't know. Why not you?"
     I glare at him, huffing. "I'd rather you kill me. What makes you think I'll go willingly?"
     He laughs softly. Deceptively. "Who said anything about making you come willingly? I want you so you will be mine. You can't fight me. You can't save yourself. Am I not good enough? Where is your supposedly powerful mates now, hm? Not here as far as I can see. Maybe they would like me to take you off their hands?"
     I flinch and hate that he got my weakness so easily. His gaze is knowing as he stands and pulls me up with him. I don't fight it. He's right. There is no way I can escape if he really wants to take me. What am I going to do? I'm not going to let everyone else around me get hurt.   
     His grip around my wrist is hard and painful as he forces another kiss on me. His lips trail over to my ear where he nips at it. His voice is raspy and wicked. "I'm going to take you somewhere no one will ever find you. I'm going to strip you naked both mentally and physically before fucking your pretty little body, claiming and filling it with my essence and power—before ripping your weak bond away and making you mine in every sense of the word." I shudder at his harsh words as his fingers brush gently over my cheek. "I've chosen you. You will accept me whether you like it or not. You don't want anyone to get hurt like Jackson, right?"
      My eyes widen. "Y-you...you killed..."
     "Ah yes. It was me. I tore him apart so easily it was almost embarrassing how weak he was as a vampire. You don't want me to do the same to your precious mate, right?"
     I shake my head fiercely, not even wanting to imagine it.  
     He grasps my chin, forcing me to meet his cold eyes. "Good little kitten. Listen to me. I protect what's mine. Accept your fate as my chosen and forget everything else. I believe it was fate that drew us together anyway."
     A tear slips down my cheek as he pulls me into his chest and I close my eyes. I won't let him hurt Yoongi or Jungkook. Never. I'll let them go if that's what it takes.
     "So obedient." He coos into my ear. "You learn fast, hm? I can't wait to have you under me, panting and crying out...so pretty...so easily bruised..."
     I'm disgusted at the thought but only glare in response. 
     "Let's go before someone else comes looking for you." I wince as he tightens his grip on my face. "And I'll make sure you never mistake me for someone else again." Growling, he lowers his face to my level. "I'm not Jin or Mark. My name is Zico and you will be screaming it soon enough. Remember it—brand it into your brain. It's the only thing you need to know."
     I look away, my eyes trailing over to the door, seeing a shadow underneath. I feel just a tiny bit of hope as the door begins to open but before I can even get a good look of who it is—
    I'm whisked away in a puff of black smoke.
   And with that...my hope burns out.
   Along with my bond with my mates.