Jon Snow x Reader {part 1}

She had lost, Cersei

She had lost, Cersei. The throne, her power, everything. Only thinking about the way they had overthrown King's Landing made Jon's mouth form into a smile. An intimidation game, exactly the same that Cersei herself had always played. The screech from Drogon in the distance enough to make the people shiver in their houses. Jon could feel the wind blow through his hair again. Jamie had seen him before, the dragon, he knew what he was capable of. And that was only one of them. He had tried to warn Cersei, but as expected she wouldn't listen. The former Queen had never seen a dragon before, and it was clear that the skulls in the dungeons weren't impressive enough to make her think rationally. But when all of a sudden three dragons casted their shadows over the enormous city, she knew she had made a mistake by not listening to Jamie. He awoke from his thought when Daenerys scrapped her throat. Jon looked at her, sitting on the Iron Throne while he himself was standing beneath the few stairs in front of is. "Are you really sure you want to do this?" She asked him without looking him into the eyes. "We have talked about this, Dany." He whispered back and looked over his shoulder. The Dothraki, the Unburned, people from King's Landing, they all had gathered. This wasn't the exact moment to go back into discussion. "It could've been so different." And then she looked Jon in the eyes, with a glance of regret. "This is the most peaceful way, you know that." There was some sort of pain in his voice, but he was not giving in to it. What had to be done, had to be done. And Dany knew it, so she looked back straight forward, into the throne room.
The silence was being broken by the heavy doors being opened. All eyes were being pointed to the back of the great hall. Jon turned his body and pierced his eyes onto.. you. Dressed in a magnificent, white, silk dress. It was embroiled with golden thread, pearls and the signs of three houses: Lannister. Stark. Targaryen. Jamie was holding your hand as he walked you down the throne room, towards Jon. His eyes were full of sorrow, but he didn't hesitated once when he handed over your hand to Jon. Nobody had a choice. It was indeed the most peaceful way, so you had accepted your faith. The safety of the Lannister-name was in your hands. Jamie took place next to Cersei, with that typical sour glance on her face. But she kept quiet, didn't dare to open her mouth over what was happening. She was humiliated, had lost everything and now had to give her daughter away to the man that helped overthrow her. You looked up at Jon and saw him looking straight back at you with his soft, brown eyes. "Are you all right?" He whispered so only you could hear him. Softly you nodded and raised the corner of your mouth. It had been a few weeks since they had overthrown Cersei, and it didn't took long for them to propose the marriage between you and Jon. It was that, or the eradication of the Lannisters. Except for Tyrion, probably. Daenerys didn't trusted Cersei, Jamie or any other Lannister. And by making Jon marry one of them they would seal an arrangement of trust and loyalty without having to waste more blood. Guess it was a good thing that they had one more daughter left.
Daenerys stood up, silencing everybody in the throne room. Jon looked at her and you followed his example, still holding his hand. "We have come together today for a very special occasion." Daenerys spoke with a certain strength, but also a weakness in her voice. You could swear she was glancing at Jon for a second. "We are here to secure our future, to make sure that we can speak about trust and loyalty again." She took a deep breath before she continued. "You may now cloak the bride and bring her under your protection." Jon untied the little strap that kept his black cloak from falling of his shoulder and held it open for you. With a smile on your face you turned around, so he could place it over your slim shoulders. It took a second for you to get used to the weight, but at the same time it brought some feeling of safety over you, just as Daenerys had said. "Let it be known that Y/n of house Lannister and Jon of the houses Stark and Targaryen, King in the North are are one heart, flesh and soul. Look upon each other and say the words" Jon reached for your hand again and turned sideways so he could look you straight in the eyes. In choir you started to speak, Jon a little louder and more certain than you. But you didn't mind, it felt good to hear him say the exact same words as you, pledging his loyalty to you and making you his wife. "Father, smith, warrior, mother, maiden, crown, stranger. I am hers and she is mine. From this day until the end of my days." And then you felt his hand on your face. Jon cupped your cheek and leaned in to kiss you. His lips felt warmer, softer than you had imagines. You were too shy to give your complete self to him, but the feeling in your stomach already told you that that would fade away in time. Bells started to ring and again there sounded dragon's screeching. For a second there was a look of fear in your eyes and you ended the kiss. "Easy." Jon said and softly pinched your hand. "You will get used to them."
The silence in Jon's sleep quarter brought you some calmness. You could still see the look on your father's face when Jon had guided you outside the throne room. Everybody knew what would happen after a marriage, and you tried not to think about it. Not yet. You stood there, in the middle of his room, looking at all the little details. His sword, that was resting against the side of his bed, the candles, that the servants had lit for the both of you. "Here." He said with a soft voice and walked upon you with two cups of wine. With a shy smile you took one from them and immediately took a sip. Jon did the same, while looking over the edge of his. "I.. eh.." He started and frowned his eyebrows while looking at the floor. He bit his lip, clearly thinking about words that would fit in the moment they were in. "Have you ever..?" He asked, and looked back at you with the same uncertainty as you had. You tried to swallow away the lump in your throat before you answered. "No." You said as brave as you could and quickly took another sip of the wine. You could see that Jon didn't knew how he had to respond to your answer. Clearly this wasn't what he had expected. So you had to say something.. anything.. "Have you?" Your question made him chuckle softly, hoping that was a suited answer. But he immediately stopped when he saw the uncertainty on your face, telling him that you actually meant your question. "I have." He said and frowned his eyebrows thinking back about it. "But I'm not an expert, if that would sooth you." You took a deep, shivery breath and couldn't help yourself from staring him into the eyes as a frightened animal. "Please don't be afraid." Jon said with an even more soft undertone in his voice. He took your cup before you could drop it, and placed it on the table together with his. Gently he placed his hands on your upper arms and stepped a little closer. "Are you afraid?" He said and tried to raise the corner of his mouth. It broke him somehow to see you like that. Again you swallowed, thinking about your answer. Yes you were afraid, but you were also aware that this marriage had to work. There was no other way. "Only if Ghost would be here." You said and smiled a bit before you turned your look to the floor. "Are you afraid of Ghost?" He asked with soft laughter. Him smiling was enough to make you look back up again. "The only thing he will do is protect you. Just as I will." Jon cupped your cheek and took a deep breath. "You are my wife now, Y/n. It is my duty to protect you, to care for you and to love you. We just need to give it a chance to grow." You nodded when he finished those words. He was right, you had to give it a change. "Please be gentle." You asked him and placed your hand on the back of his neck. "I promise." This time it was you who started the kiss.

{Part 1}

Credits: concretewalls.tumblr.com