Chapter 14

Gyth’s POV

“Master! Dicarius asked me to pass the message that Lady Lilith will be here soon.” Seb said making me flinch.

I looked over to Chevel and confusion is written all over her face.

“Damn Dicarius. I told him to not let her have a visit again.” I muttered to myself, letting out a long sigh.

Why now? Now that everything is beginning to be great with Chevel coping very well in the castle.

Lilith is a top class succubus. She traveled the ends of the underworld trying to be the best succubus, which she achieved.

Today is the day she’ll be back from her trip that lasted for three months and she’s directly going to my castle.

Just thinking of her makes me irritable. She’s the exact opposite of Chevel. She’s overly confident and aggressive. She can even be violent sometime whilst Chevel is very timid and shy.

I sighed, this day is going to be stressful for me.

The door suddenly swung open and Lilith came running to my direction. I was utterly shocked as I turned to look at Chevel with the same expression on her face.

The room fell silent until Sebastian decided to break it down.

“Well then, I better go Master, Milady.” Sebastian said, walking out the door.

I ran my hands over my face, knowing that this day will not be easy for me. I just hoped that Lilith won’t be aggressive towards Chevel.

“Gyth I’ve missed you!” She said, clinging onto my arm.

I let out an exasperated sigh, as I put Lilith’s hands down.

“I’m going to see Dicarius first.” I said, walking towards the door.

I looked over Chevel before going out and her face seems tense. I can’t blame her, Lilith can be really intimidating.

I stepped out the door knowing fully well that Lilith can’t harm Chevel.

The power of incubuses and succubuses only affects their opposite gender. The only thing I’m concerned about is Lilith physically harming Chevel, yet again she doesn’t have a reason to do that.

Lilith is an intelligent succubus despite her boldness. She wouldn’t touch Chevel or any of my underlings knowing that it would make me mad, and that’s the last thing she wants.

I stomped my way into the kitchen and saw Dicarius by the counter. He turned to look at me holding a tray of tea with his wings.

“Master! I was just about to bring your guest a cup of tea.” Dicarius said.

I let out a sigh as I leaned my back against the wall trying to calm myself down.

“That won’t be necessary. She’ll be leaving soon.” I said crossing my arms.

“But she just arrived am I right? How come?” Dicarius asked. I inhaled deeply as I was flooded with questions, my patience challenging me.

“What did I tell you about this Dicarius?” I asked between breaths, which made him stop blabbering me with questions.

“That we’re not accepting any visits for a while..” Dicarius muttered as I ran my hands over my face in frustration.

“And how many times have I told you?” I asked and he lowered his head.

“At least ten times..” He mumbled.

“Damn right!” I yelled making him flinch, his eyes still planted on the floor.

“B-but I did exactly that. I swear! She’s just too persistent! She told me she’ll come anyway..” Dicarius said, muttering his last words.

I shook my head and let out an exasperated sigh.

He’s right. Lilith does what she wants and never really listened to anyone except the king.

“Nevermind.” I said patting Dicarius’ feathery head as I walked out the kitchen.

I took long strides going back to my room thinking about Chevel. I just hope that Lilith is not intimidating Chevel too much. Knowing Chevel, she gets scared of even the small things since she came here.

I opened the door and to my surprise they’re both being friendly to each other as they’re seated on the couch.

“What happened?” I asked raising a brow.

I watched them carefully with huge curiosity as Lilith wrapped her arm on Chevel’s. Chevel seemed like she didn’t mind at all but she looked tense.

“Oh we’ve had a great time knowing each other!” Lilith said gleefully. I doubted Lilith’s tone for a moment until Chevel unexpectedly nodded in agreement.

It came as a surprise to me, knowing fully well that they both have extremely opposite personalities. Then again, I could be wrong. If she ever did something that harmed Chevel, I’d knew it anyway.

“I see.” I said walking towards my desk. I leaned against my chair, feeling exhausted. Not to mention Lilith’s sudden visit.

“Lilith you should go.” I said, letting out a sigh. I can’t really deal with any of this for now.

“Aww, But I just came back from my trip and you were the first one I’ve visited!” She said, begging with her lips. The hope that I could take my rest is slowly drifting away.

“But I don’t want to keep you from your work.” She added standing up from the couch. My eyes gleamed upon hearing her words. I’m glad that she understands.

“I’ll be back at the king’s castle. I’ll see you at the end of the month.” Lilith said and I accompanied her towards the door.

“Thank you Lilith. Take care.” I said, sending her off the door.

With one worry gone, I could finally have some rest.

I glanced over Chevel, her eyes are drooping and she doesn’t look fine. I sighed, the scary thought that Lilith might’ve really done something to her made my blood boil.

“Chevel..” I muttered. She immediately looked at me, her eyes brimming with tears.

“Chevel I’m sorry. What happened?” I said, feeling a sudden pang in my chest. I should’ve known better than to leave Chevel with the most dangerous succubus in the underworld.

I trusted Lilith knowing that she wouldn’t dare touch any of my underlings. She knew that I wouldn’t let something like that pass.

“N-nothing. I’m just really happy that I made another friend.” Chevel said, forcing a smile on her lips as she turned towards me.

I’m not really good at reading expressions nor emotions. I’m just not capable of them.

I can’t even understand my own emotions, if I ever have one.

So how could I possibly understand Chevel's?

All I know is that Chevel needed someone beside her right now. I draped my arms around her, letting her fall into my embrace.

I didn’t like it; seeing her cry.