three | the deal

"And then you let the mixture dilute for two weeks." Explained one of the sister's to Mari. "After two weeks, it should smell very strong, if not, leave it another four days." She continued, holding a bottle of newly made perfume. "It's quite simple."

Mari nodded as she uncorked the bottle the sister handed to her. She brought it to her nose and took a small whiff of the liquid inside. Her nostrils flared at the strong scent. "Yeah this one's ready." She said with a sneeze. The sister chuckled, taking the bottle from Mari and placing it next to three identical ones.

Mari heard frustrated shouts coming from outside. She looked out through the doorway of the bottling room and saw the boy who had hit on her earlier, Sokka, she remembered Katara saying. He was followed by Bato, and Katara, who were trying to calm down his remarks. She looked to see Aang trudging behind, an ashamed look on his face.

Aang made his way to the large Sky Bison, leaping on and bringing his knees to his chest sadly. The three others began to pack their bags, Katara occasionally giving Aang wary glances. Meanwhile, Sokka ignoring him completely.

Aang looked up and made eye contact with Mari across the courtyard. She gave him a sympathetic nod knowing that they must've found out Aang had hidden the map to their father. 

"I'm guessing you told them?" Mari said softly as she walked up to him

Aang nodded. "I feel terrible. But they're going with Bato to find their father, I'm going to the North pole on my own...."

The Sky Bison let out a soft rumble, which caused the winged lemur to do the same.

"At least I have Appa and Momo, though" He said with a said smile while patting Momo on the head.

The two looked up as Katara approached them. "Good Luck." She said to Aang. She turned to Mari. "It was nice meeting you."

Mari nodded with a slight bow.

"Okay, you too." Aang said to Katara as she walked off with Sokka and Bato out of the gates.

Mother Superior was next to approach them.

"Guess I should be moving on." Aang said to her.

"That would be best." Mother Superior responded.

Aang nodded. "Thank you Mari. I hope to see you again." He said to her.

Mari smiled lightly. "You too Aang. Good luck in the North Pole." She bowed again.

"And what of you? Is your ankle healed?" Mother Superior asked.

"I'd say so. I can walk on it now. I should be out of here by late today or tomorrow morning."

"Don't feel rushed, you're always welcome here." Mother Superior said and walked off.

Mari nodded and walked back to the room she was staying at.

She decided to lie down, resting before her departure. As she began to drift off, she felt rumbling in the distance, a trick she had developed while training herself with earth ending. She was able to pick up on upcoming people or animals from a distance using her connection with the earth, however it only really worked for large animals that made a lot of noise.