1.Change and adjustment

Warishas POV

"Hey, Warisha." Came Liya, panting.

"Hey, slow down. Or else you'll just faint here and I'll handover you to the skeleton hanging in the lab." I said.

"Oh shut up. I just saw our result, hanging on the school board, you sleepyhead." Liya said.

I felt a sudden rush of anxiety. Yep, today's my 10th board exam result. I was supposed to come in school 1 hour ago. But me being a sleepyhead got late.

"So, what's your result? No,no you first tell me mine." I said.

"And why would I do that?" That devil said.

"Because you know. And if I go now and try to know my result crushing and pushing all the students, I will die out of suffocation. So tell me, I'm getting tensed."

"What's the magic word?" Liya said.

"Fine, fine. Please Liya, my intelligent, beautiful, hot, kind friend. Please tell me my result." I gave up.

Liya gave me a sad look. Wait! does that mean....

"You got A+ buddhu." She yelled.

Did I hear it right?

"What did you say?"

"I SAID YOU GOT A+ YOU DEAF." Again screamed Liya, now with double voice.

"What?Oh my Allah. Yes, yes. I can't believe it. I was so afraid about my math paper. I was running short of time. How is this possible? No, I think you're mistaken. I better go see by myself." I am not ready to believe this.

"Aree stop naa, even Samiya ma'am made sure that you got A+. And about math, you scored 94. I saw with my own eyes. So stop being dramatic and ask me about my result."

Now I believe her. Oh, it feels so good. Now I'm relieved.

"Oh, J'm sorry. It just slipped my mind. What's your news?" At last,I asked her.(so stupid of me)

"I also got A+. Though not with so colorful grades like you."

"Congratulations! My happiness just doubled here. So when are you throwing me a treat?" I said smirking.

"Oh about that we'll share equally. Cause you also owe me one." She is one-step further than me.

"Ok,ok. Now lets share this news with family. Ammi is getting mad from morning about my result." I started for the gate with Liya.

After a long day of celebration, distribution of sweets and accepting congratulation, I'm now sat on my bed thinking about my school life. It was not all rainbows and candies. Being introvert, I used to bear a lot of taunts and criticism. Though I was a good student, I wasn't favourite to my teachers. As I never liked participating in any sort of competition. And I never used to flatter them, like others. So in school, most of the time I used to bury my face in textbook or out books. And gossiping with Liya and Jamya. Jamya is the most outgoing in our circle, though she's a good friend. Now taking rest on bed breaking her legs while trying to drive her brother's bike. Now I just want to get myself admitted to government college, both of them also want this. So I'm sure I won't have any problem in college.

"Warisha." suddenly abbu called me.

"Yes abbu, coming."

Abbu was sat on the sofa, surfing through something in his mobile. I jumped and sat beside him. What? In my home, I'm the bubbly and talkative one, so no offence.

"What are you doing abbu? And you called me?" I was trying to peek in his mobile.

"I was going through the website of government college. And the only requirement for admission there is to have A+. And my daughter got that." Abbu said smiling at me.