Chapter 17

AN: Hey guys, thank you so much for the love and support on the story.  I am trying to update as much as I can during the summer, as during the school year I probably won't be updating as much. Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

Recap:

After the Amazons finished loading all the gold onto their ship, Penthesilea offered her hand, which Perseus took with a smile on his face.

"Pleasure doing business with you Perseus," the queen said smiling.

"The pleasure is mine," Perseus said with a smirk.

The Amazonian Queen raised her eyebrow before heading back to her ship. As the plank was put back on their boat, Penthesilea gave a departing wave to Perseus, which he happily returned, watching the Amazons sail away with half of Agamemnon's war prizes.

Present:

Despite Perseus preventing the Amazons from entering the conflict, the Greeks were in a world of hurt. On the last day of Prince Hector's funeral, a deadly plague struck the Greek camp, killing many men while leaving more unable to fight. This plague was Apollo's doing, as it was in his domains and was obviously unhappy with Achilles' treatment of Hector's body.

Despite numerous offerings and prayers to the sun god, the illness still ran rampant in the Greek camp. Finally, Perseus and Achilles were able to gather enough healthy men to try and take the city before the plague got even worse.

The two sons of Thetis along with Odysseus and Ajax led a force of around five hundred Greeks against a defending force of around a few hundred Trojans. However, before the battle could begin, a man stepped out from the Trojan ranks. Everyone knew he was a god.

Perseus and Achilles left the Greek ranks and went to meet the god. Unfortunately, the look on the god's face was anything but friendly.

"I am Scamander, son of Oceanus and Tethys, god of the Scamander river. You two have choked my waters with all the blood you have spilled, and for that, you must die!"

Perseus' eyes narrowed, "You can't be here. You are an immortal, and are forbidden from interfering in mortal affairs. Now begone."

The river god glared at the demigod. "Perhaps, but not before I take my revenge on you for poisoning my river!"

Perseus growled and stepped forward. "You want revenge?" he asked the god. "Then take it! I am Perseus, son of Thetis, and I have killed more Trojans than any other Greek warrior, and have placed more bodies in your river than anyone else. If you want vengeance, then kill me."

Achilles' eyes widened. "Brother, we can fight him together."

Perseus shook his head. "No brother, you must lead our men, I'll deal with this lowly river god."

Scamander scowled. "I'll show you lowly, puny demigod. I will gladly let my river run red with your blood once I'm finished with you!"

"Go!" Perseus shouted at his brother as he drew his blade from his sheath and took his shield off of his back and got into a fighting position.

Right after Achilles left, Scamander charged. He made a sword out of water and hardened it into ice, bringing it down in a powerful overhead strike. However, Perseus blocked the strike, leaving him stunned. That second of hesitation allowed Perseus to go on the offensive, whirling like a hurricane, raining down strikes that the god was defensively blocked. Eventually, Perseus found an opening and kicked him in the chest, knocking the god back a few feet.

Scamander was shocked. No mere mortal had ever stood up to him, but the look on Perseus' face showed he wasn't giving up. Scamander attacked again, this time using his godly speed to his advantage. It was hard to keep up with, but Perseus blocked strike after strike, even landing a few blows to the god's chest plate.