Side Story #3 Conduit-Man's Apprentice (Delsin X Mina Ashido) Part 1

It was evening after school ended for Class 1-A. They had just finished their first ever combat training with the number 1 hero, All Might and the class really showed their talents here but there was one person that showed out more than the rest. Delsin had just became MVP of his round with Bakugo and Iida because he took down both threats without much trouble. It was also on record that he did it alone, 2 on 1 and he still came out on top. His smoke dash ability really came in clutch, especially when he used it in combat. The two didn't even know what hit them.

Once the round was over, All Might and the entire class, minus Katsuki of course, was praising him with his awesome abilities. He felt a little embarrassed with all the attention though, he was never really used to getting swarmed by an entire class unless it was to bully him about his quirklessness. To be praised is a whole different thing and it was still very new to him. 'Trust me Rowe, once you get stronger with this ability, you'll get even more people on your case. You'll probably even get a fan base.....ahhhh groupies! My favorite kinda girls. They'll let you do ANYTHING!' 'You're a sick individual, John. Though I do wonder if that's true or not...'. He started walking down the school yard to head to his house when he heard sniffling. He was soft but Delsin still heard it all the same.

It came from the other side of the U.A building, just on the right side of it actually. He moved to the corner and saw a girl. Due to her quirk, her skin is a light shade of pink, and she has rather square eyes, with black sclera and light yellow irises, and notably long eyelashes below and around the sides. Her face is framed by short hair, fluffy and unruly, which is a pleasant pink color, slightly darker than that of her skin. She has two thin, pale yellow horns protruding from her head, hooked squarely and leaning diagonally to opposite sides, which are seen to be slightly flexible, able to bend a little to each side.

Her name was Mina Ashido, Delsin's classmate. He remembered her from the quirk assessment test, she basically ran up on him and shouted her name with pride and glee. He liked that about her honestly, it showed him that she was sure of herself. Now her she was crying. Delsin may not have known the pink girl for very long considering their school year just started but he knew that Mina was a bubbly, happy person. Not one to go crying like she was now so whatever may the problem be, it was really bothering her to this extent.

Delsin moved to her and sat by her on the steps of the building. "Hey....you're Mina, right?" he asked as softly. Mina shot up from her slouching position of crying and turned to see him sitting beside her, tears still falling down her face. "Huh?...oh um....yeah, I am. Your name's Delsin right? Dude, killer moves back there! It was sick!" she jumped up to say, trying to lighten the mood but he wasn't buying it. "I know, you said it about a hundred times we were in there, Hehe. What is killer though is your mood right now. I know we haven't gotten to know each other very well but I know you to be a very chill person so whatever is up right now, it must be heavy. What's wrong?".

Ashido frowned, noticing she couldn't bullshit her way through this one. She slumped back down on the step, right beside him. "I thought I was getting stronger....." she spoke which grew a confused look from Delsin but he didn't dare speak. He just let her talk. "I was never really all that strong back in middle school, just subpar, I was always a bit of an idiot, never really good in academics either. I was just....average. But somehow, I was good enough to get put in here, U.A Highschool. I thought something was different and I trained so hard but only for Tokoyami and Asui to...". Delsin nodded. He watched that fight. Tokoyami and Asui pretty much dominated that fight, thanks to Aoyama being useless with his laser navel thing.

Ashido was basically doing the heavy lifting and she lost. It was kinda hard to watch as you could see the struggle on her face as she couldn't be strong enough to stop Dark Shadow nor evasive enough to counter Asui. "Mina it's alright, really-". "No it's not! I try so hard and for what? To be beaten so easily. And those two weren't even the hardest duo to beat, given Todoroki-san and Shoji-san, Bakugo-san and Iida-san and definitely you and Hado-san. I know I'm an idiot but if I can't bank on my physical abilities than I'm useless!". Delsin frowned. "Mina, you're not useless, it's just the start of the school year and these guys have come from different schools and have different scores, I mean I came from all the way from Seattle".