4.12 The Pretty Actress and the Director

Once again, Piper was sitting in a cinema couch waiting for the movie to start. Next to her was Chris, happy as usual. The big screen lit up and started to show the first few scenes.

"Oh, there's a pretty lady on the screen," Chris said smiling lightly. Piper slightly chuckled as she looked at the scene showing her face

The movie was long, but it felt like only a few minutes to her. It was like looking at a flashback of her own life. This time she managed to not cry because she knew that he was still here. He had always been here. She smiled and stood up, clapping along with the others in the room.

After the movie, came a party. Piper didn't stay for too long and went home with Chris after eating. They were holding hands as they walked out of the luxurious restaurant and multiple reporters stood outside taking photos.

"Congratulations on your engagement," A reporter said

"Why are you getting engaged so early? Are you perhaps pregnant?"

"Is it really true love or are you faking it for the movie?"

"When is the wedding?"

Piper flashed a cold look at the reporters, and they shut up. She walked to the car with a poker face. No one could tell if she was angry or happy.

"Look at the trouble you stirred up. The whole world is thinking that we're getting married" She said

"Aren't we one day?" Chris started the car and drove away. To him, the rumors didn't mean much. They would get married one day and live happily with a few children. Or maybe no children. If they had children, she would pay more attention to them and that wasn't good. But what if she really wanted children? Maybe he should give in. A daughter wouldn't be too bad. She would look exactly like her mother, but that wasn't good either. She would be too beautiful and too many guys would chase after her. Yes, no children would be better.

Piper didn't respond and Chris was absorbed in his thoughts. She felt sorry for him. He had waited so many years and lifetimes, but she would abandon him again. He should've loved someone else.

"Will you wait for me?" She asked with a serious tone.

Chris was confused as to why she would ask such an obvious question out of nowhere, "Yes, forever"

Feeling relieved but guilty, Piper closed her eyes and held his hands. In the next world, she would pay him back. She would love him with all her heart.

###

"PINK, isn't the main mission to not die before 40?" Piper asked as she came to a realization. Maybe she wouldn't have to die after all. 

[... %%#€&!!]

...

[Well, I've changed it now. Forget about that]

"I didn't know you could make such dumb mistakes" Piper chuckled and continued to walk around her room. She was a little mad at PINK but she had gotten used to PINK'S uselessness so she decided not to think about it too much.

[What are you doing?]

"Preparing for the grand ending" Piper laughed as she packed a bag. The bag was filled with ropes, knives, hammers, tape, and other suspicious things.

[The mission is for you to die, not for you to kill someone]

"Ay, I feel sad knowing how little you trust me. Don't worry, I'm going to die, and it will be a case so shocking that the whole world will remember it" Piper packed a few more knives before closing the big black bag. She went to her desk and made some bruises and scratches on her face with the help of makeup. She tore her clothes and ruffled her hair so that she looked like a person who had just been in a fight.