8. ARE WEREWOLVES NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE PARTNERS?

| CHAPTER EIGHT |

ARE WEREWOLVES NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE PARTNERS?

SIRIUS BLACK SAT AT THE long dining table at twelve Grimmauld Place. His nose was shoved in the Daily Prophet as he tried to find anything interesting to read so he could occupy his completely bored mind. 

The sound of the door to the dining area opening, quickly caught his attention. He folded his newspaper up as he watched Remus entering, rubbing his tired eyes. The full moon was two nights ago, and it was clearly a hard one that month. 

"How you doing, Moony?"

"Fine," Remus mumbled, running his scarred hand through his messy hair, causing it to stick up in strange positions as he wandered over to the kettle. He quietly filled it up with water before placing it on the stove and turning back around to face his best friend, "What are you doing in here?"

Sirius gestured to the newspaper, "Reading. Dawn came round this morning."

Remus hoped that his expression didn't expose the fact that his heart skipped a beat, "Oh, did she..." He mumbled, looking away from Sirius' eyes as the grey eyed man nodded, an amused smirk plastered on his lips, "What were you two up to?"

"Oh, you know, the usual," Sirius stated, his voice hiding his amusement the best he could. Standing up he took a few steps towards the kitchen, "Talked, laughed, snogged for a bit, asked for her hand in marriage."

"What?!"

"Calm down, wolfie," Sirius mused, "Or that vein on your forehead is gong to pop."

Remus cleared his throat before breathing out a sigh of relief when the kettle began to whistle. Turning away from his best friend, the werewolf turned the stove off and began to pour the hot water into a mug. As he continued making himself and Sirius some tea, he couldn't help but wander about a certain redhead female. It seemed that she was almost always on his mind now. 

"So...When are you going to ask her out, then?" Sirius questioned, folding his arms over his chest as he leaned against the counter, tilting his head ever so slightly.

"I'm not," Remus mumbled, keeping his eyes on the hot beverage.

Sirius groaned in annoyance, "Well, why not?"

Remus finally turned to look at the grey eyed man in disbelief, "Why not? Why do you think? I'm a freaking werewolf, Sirius."

Sirius rolled his eyes, groaning at his friend's excuse, "So what? Are werewolves not allowed to have partners?" He questioned sarcastically.

"Who would want to be with a werewolf?" Remus asked bitterly.

"Someone that loves the person that they are, perhaps? Someone who doesn't judge a person by what's out of their control?"

Remus stayed quiet for a moment, he grabbed the cup from the counter and held it up close to his lips. Pondering the words that left Sirius' lips, "She's, like, half of my age."

Sirius scoffed, "No she isn't. Only like what, eight, nine years? That's nothing."

"Listen, can you just drop it?" Remus suddenly grumbled, finally looking at his best friend. His eyes were a mixture of anger and sadness which instantly caused Sirius to close his mouth, not daring to say another word. Remus certainly wasn't the easiest person to talk to around a full moon and Sirius certainly wasn't going to carry on pushing his buttons.

Remus gripped the cup tighter as he turned away, his shoulders slumped as he exited the room. Sirius could hear his footsteps making their way upstairs as he let out a low whistle, "Pfft. He needs to get laid."