My Home

'Dear diary,

When I turned back to the old entries, I realised that I never told you about my old family house. When I moved in with my aunt after my family died in an accident, it was too hard to write about it. But today, finally after five years, I will write, from my memory, what I remember about that house the day I left it.

I grabbed my luggage and started to stroll out of the room. The room in which I had lived for the past fifteen years, that was once filled with the spirit and energy of a lively fifteen-year-old, now felt barren and desolate. It felt empty. The wooden floor, half-covered by a white rug, looked pale; the beige and turquoise walls, which once were hidden by over a dozen posters of varying sizes and content, mostly expressing taste in music, looked as barren as a void. The towering wardrobe and dresser looked old. Standing at the doorway looking inward, I looked at my bed directly across from me against the far wall. Its sheets and blankets were ruffled and in dire need of being straightened. Sighing, I strode out, walking with a heavy, vulnerable heart that was not healed from the previous scars just yet.

As the red morning sun peeked from behind the horizon, I dragged my suitcase behind me. The early morning sunrays softly illuminated the lounge in a yellow glow as the ebony furniture gave off a shine. I passed the high, yet simply decorated, ceilings that were dressed in coats of black and golden paint. The kitchen that once overflowed with joy and elation, felt empty; like no one had been here for months. My entire home felt like this. With tears burning on the back of my eyelids, I walked out, saying goodbye to the home I once cherished.

I closed the back door and walked out to the patio, where I vividly remember having a relaxing evening just a day before the accident. I placed my luggage by the door and went to stand by the wooden chair that was my mom's favourite. I lightly traced my fingers on its armrest, the wood shining under the sun that had now fully risen. Unstoppable tears flowed down my cheeks as flashbacks of the times that I spent here came flooding back to me. A sob escaped me when the realisation hit me that I will never be the same any more. I was assaulted by the memories of the accident. The echoes of me screaming along the polices' sirens whirled in my mind as my breathing picked up the pace. A car honk brought me back to reality as I quickly wiped my tears, grabbed my luggage and ran out of my home, slamming the front door shut. I wish that I had spent more time there, but I guess that I was not meant to.

That day when I sat in the car and saw my home disappearing as the car sped on, I realised that I would nerve see my home again. The place where I had built so many memories was now gone. Sitting in the backseat of the car I quietly cried myself to sleep.

Since after that day, I have not seen my house; it was demolished and something was being built there. I miss it and my family every day, but I guess somethings are meant to be some way.'

________________________

A/N: Describe the last moments before you leave a place forever. 

Wattpadians! On the one hand, my teacher will be grading this assignment, but I want your comments too! Feel free to grade!