| 21 | méfiance

This chapter is dedicated to xxg_pxx for always commenting on my chapters and supporting my story since day one

This chapter is dedicated to xxg_pxx for always commenting on my chapters and supporting my story since day one. It means the world to me so thank you.

Wide-eyed, Tatianna remains silent.

Seconds pass causing a knot of irritation to surge.

"Aren't you going to say something?" I challenge in disdain.

Tatiana continues to stare at me in disbelief.

"Why would you doubt me?" Tatiana accuses in incredulity, "Of course I gave him that letter, why—"

"Then why else would he keep denying ever receiving it whenever I bring it up?" I demand in frustration, wanting nothing but the truth to rise.

For days I've tried focusing on work, doing my best not to think of my conversation with Yara regarding the letter but to no avail.

It's time to get answers and it's now or never.

"I swear to you on my grandmother's grave I gave him that letter Anaya." Tatianna states in desperation, the tears on her face slowly drying off, "I know how traumatic last year was for you, and I could never betray you that way."

A sigh of frustration escapes my lips as her pleading gaze doesn't waver from mine.

I am mentally exhausted.

As I rub my temple in tiredness, all I can think about is the accuracy of her words.

I honestly don't know what to believe anymore.

"None of this makes any sense." I grunt as I shift my glance to the table, "Both of you are telling me two different versions of the story."

"Call me a lot of things Anaya but a liar isn't one of them." Tatiana persists, "Even if I never told you about the Ludovic situation, I didn't lie about it. I just never got around to tell y—"

I raise my hand to pause her sentence, my impatience magnifying, "Stop trying to justify what you did and just own up to your mistakes. I would've respected you more if you were upfront about it but to sit here and tell me you're not a liar is far fetched."

This is enough to silence Tatiana as she fidgets before anchoring her gaze to her clasped fingers.

I feel like my head could explode at any minute.

"Look all I know is I'll do anything to regain your trust." Tatianna asserts once she diverges her gaze to me.

She then retrieves some tickets from her purse before flitting them through her fingers, "I know you're not into soccer but as a way to make amends, I bought three tickets of front row seats to the World Cup Match."

Her gesture isn't enough to repair the damage she caused.

"Since you're traveling to Malaysia this summer for your business trip, I thought what better way to celebrate than attending the final match? Please, Anaya, it'll be just like old times when we used to attend lacrosse matches in college."