56. SWEATER

| CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX |

SWEATER.

CASSIOPEIA SAT AT REMUS' WINDOW, her piercing blue eyes were stuck on the small shed which was located a little bit further from the cottage. It was where her boyfriend went to transition whilst he was back at home. She wanted nothing more but to go down there, be there with him through it all, but she knew she couldn't break the promise she had to him. The one where she promised to never go anywhere near him whilst he transitioned. 

Her grip tightened around the blue heart that was on her chest as she heard a pained howl coming from the shed. She felt tears stinging her eyes as she looked up at the moon, hoping it would pass quicker than it was doing. Her bottom lip was embedded between her teeth as her heart broke for Remus. He didn't deserve any of this.

Cassiopeia kept her head leaning against the cold window, a fluffy blanket was wrapped around her shoulders, the smell of Remus on it brought her some comfort as she watched the full moon with a hatred in her eyes. 

After a few more hours, the moon finally disappeared from view as the sun began to peak over the hills. Throwing the blanket off of her shoulders and placing it back onto Remus' bed and rushing out of the boy's bedroom, trying to stay as quiet as she could as to not wake up his parents.

A cough coming from the living room caught her attention, and as she reached the end of the hallway she noticed Hope and Lyall Lupin sitting in the room, their coats in their hands and a First Aid kit on top of Hope's coat. 

"Oh, Cassiopeia, you're awake," The blonde woman spotted her, sending her a soft yet pained smile.

Cass nodded, "Yeah, I usually go down to help Remus get cleaned up," She explained with a sheepish smile as she shuffled awkwardly on her feet.

Both Hope and Lyall smiled warmly at the young girl, their chests warming up at the thought of their son having someone so caring as Cassiopeia Black in his life to help him through it all. 

"So you wouldn't mind going down there alone?" Lyall questioned, ignoring the puzzled look on his wife's face as he took hold of the First Aid kit and took a step closer to the black haired girl, "Hope hasn't been sleeping well at night," He added in a quiet voice, "I can't have her going out in this weather with...with how she is."

Cassiopeia smiled sadly at the man before she nodded, "I'd be more than happy to," She said sincerely, taking the red kit that Lyall passed to her. 

"No, it's okay, I can go down there," Hope spoke up, trying to sent the most convincing smile she could muster to her husband and her son's girlfriend.

"It's okay, Mrs. Lupin," Cassiopeia told her, "Remus would want you to rest up. I better get going," And with that, the black haired girl walked past Lyall to the end of the hallway, she shoved her boots on and grabbed her and Remus' coats (as well as his shoes) before rushing out of the cottage. As soon as she stepped out she felt a shiver running up her spine as the frozen grass crunched underneath her boots.

Holding Remus' coat and the First Aid kit closer to her body, Cassiopeia practically sprinted over to the shed, throwing the door open quietly as her eyes scanned the area. The shed was covered in scratch marks, both on the floor and the walls. Some of them were smaller than others and Cassiopeia assumed that those ones belonged to a much younger Remus to which her heart broke. 

Her eyes finally landed on her boyfriend. He was lying on a torn up mattress, the only thing covering him was a thick blanket, one which seemed to be untouched. She instantly realised that was the blanket he told her about a few years back; the blanket his father enchanted to never break and to keep the boy warm as he finished his transition. What surprised the Slytherin girl, however, was the fact that underneath Remus' head was a very familiar looking sweater. It was hers. Her green one, the one she couldn't seem to find earlier, thinking she simply forgot it back at Hogwarts the young witch didn't think twice, but seeing it under Remus' head seemed to warm her insides up. 

"Hi," Remus' tired voice caught her attention and she wasted no more time in rushing over to his side, dropping down to her knees besides him.

"Hi," She said softly, her warm hand gently touching his sweaty cheek, "Are you hurt?"

"Not a lot," Remus confessed, he pushed the blanket down ever so slightly, exposing his shoulders and the top of his chest. 

Cassiopeia's eyes spotted the three scratched that ran down his left shoulder, they didn't look deep but certainly looked new due to the red tint to them, "I'm so glad," She breathed out, it was like she could breathe again. Whenever Remus transitioned at his home Cassiopeia always felt more stressed than usual, the fact that the boys weren't there to help him not hurt himself always played on her mind causing her mind to swarm with worried thoughts. 

"It's all thanks to you," Remus confessed, a tired smile appeared on his lips as he noticed a red tint to her usually pale cheeks.

Cassiopeia sent him a confused look, tilting her head slightly as her fingers opened the First Aid kit.

"The Wolfsbane," Remus clarified as she began to disinfect his injuries, "It really helps. Thank you."

Cass smiled warmly at her boyfriend, feeling extremely glad that her potion worked for him, "You don't need to thank me, Remmie," She told him sincerely, "It's the least I could do when you don't let me come down with you," The black haired girl said as she placed a few plastered on his shoulder before pressing her lips down to it, warming Remus' entire body up. 

"You're too good for me," The werewolf suddenly stated, his tired eyes looking up at the blue eyed beauty, "I don't deserve you."

"That's where you're wrong, Remus," Cassiopeia told him, placing her palm against his cheek, smiling when he nudged his face closer to her hand, "I don't deserve you."

Remus was about to open his mouth when the black haired girl quickly shushed him, "Come on, let's get you inside, yeah?" She suggested, "I love you too much to let you stay here and freeze to death."

Remus let out a low chuckle before nodding, "Okay, only because I love you," He said with a happy grin spread across his scarred face. With the help of the Slytherin, he stood up, his muscles aching as he did so. When the blanket fell down past him Cassiopeia couldn't help but blush violently as she passed him his coat, earning a chuckle from him as he wrapped the long material around his body as Cassiopeia pointed to the sweater on the mattress, "Is that my sweater?"

Now it was time for Remus to blush a deep rose colour as his eyes fell on the green sweater, the thing that seemed to comfort him during his transition, "Erm..." He mumbled, scratching the back of his neck, "Potentially?"

Cassiopeia grinned as she took a step closer to her boyfriend, her hands reaching up to touch his face softly, "You're too adorable."

"Pfft. Says you," Remus grinned before their lips finally connected.