ix. REUNION

REUNION!( the battle of starcourt mall )

REUNION!
( the battle of starcourt mall )

Ben held his breath as the group snuck into the mall, quiet as they could be as to not alert anyone of their presence. They made it up the stairwell to the second floor, tip-toeing as they walked over to the ledge, standing behind the railing. They peered down at the empty foodcourt, though it wasn't quite empty; there were tall, muscular men in all black sporting pistols aimed in different directions. They were searching for someone, Ben guessed it had to be Dustin and the others. Ben and Eleven crept towards the edge of the railing to get a closer look; Ben being a little bit behind Eleven while the others all stayed back and out of sight.

The men started walking over to a food stand, when Eleven raised her hand towards a red car in the middle of the foodcourt, making the car alarm start blaring. The men turned around, pointing their guns at the car, watching as it shook and continued blaring. The man in front said something that Ben didn't understand, it being a foreign language. Sounds like Russian, Ben thought. The man then looked up, making direct eye contact with Ben, then looked to Eleven, who was standing in front of him.

Ben raised a hand and gave the men a small, sarcastic wave, before Eleven lifted the car and threw it at them, knocking them over like bowling pins. The impact killed them instantly. "Strike," Ben mumbled to himself, going unheard by the others. The car crashed into a food stand and rolled onto it's side. The sound of steam hissing and metal clattering on the ground filled the silence. The group all ran over to meet Eleven and Ben at the edge of the railing, looking down to see Dustin, Steve, Dylan, Lucas' little sister, and Robin. Dustin smiled up at them, and Dylan caught Ben's gaze in a wide-eyed stare.

They all jogged down the escalator, Mike and Ben helping Eleven walk, smiling over at their lost group members. "You flung that thing like a hot-wheel!" Dustin laughed as he ran over to hug Eleven, Ben, and Mike. Ben chuckled and patted Dustin on the back affectionately, before breaking away and limping to meet Dylan in a bone-crushing hug. Dylan squeezed Ben as tight as she could, holding him with a death grip. "Dyl– Ow, watch the side," Ben breathed as he pushed her away slightly, she looked at him in confusion before looked at the dried blood on his shirt, she lifted it and gasped at the bandage and black veins that had now spread to his upper chest and lower back.

"What the fuck happened?! What is that?!" Dylan rambled, gaping at Ben with wide, concerned eyes. Ben sighed, "Long story. I'll fill you in later, okay?"

Dylan huffed but nodded and brought him in for a softer, more gentle hug, "I'm glad you're okay. Some crazy shit has been going on." Ben pulled away and gave her a small, pained smile before turning to the others. "Lucas?" Erica asked, bewildered. Lucas raised his hands as he walked over to her, "What are you doing here?"

"Ask them. It's their fault," Erica replied, shoving her thumb in Steve, Robin, and Dylan's direction. Steve nodded before shooting a gaze at Dylan, "True, yeah. Totally true. It's absolutely our fault."