The Most Favourite Member

Cho Miyeon was standing right ahead of them holding a pair of speakers on both her hands and a confused look on her innocent face.

“Mi-Miyeon-unnie…?” Soojin breathed as she brushed a bunch of her bangs caught on sweat.

“Are you two okay? You both look pale,” Miyeon replied softly and began to walk towards their direction. Y/N suddenly felt conscious of how he looked, and prayed that he didn’t bore any signs of the previous excursion with Soojin.

“Y-Yes n-noona we’re fine. We’re fine r-right?” Y/N replied nervously and then he eyed Soojin, of which she returned with an equally confused expression.

“Y-Yes we’re o-okay of course! There’s nothing wrong here unnie,” smiled Soojin. “What are you doing here?”

“Well I heard noises and I decided to check it out.”

N-Noises…?

DID SHE HEAR US DO ALL THAT STUFF IN THERE? WHAT THE FUCK

Soojin and Y/N exchanged nervous looks through their peripherals, and the three of them sat in awkward silence for a few seconds until Soojin broke through, the slight tremble on her voice certainly showed how uncomfortable she was.

“Unnie, umm, what… noises did you hear, exactly?”

“I heard a loud crash when I was just passing by to return these speakers to the production room. I decided to check on it, and it surprised me that you and Y/N-nim are actually here. Why are you two doing here anyway?”

“Well, we… umm… “Y/N began, but his panic was getting the best of him as he entirely lost the ability to make a really convincing excuse.

“We were fixing the chairs. One of the production managers asked for our help when he passed by and he… well he left a few moments ago while we dealt with the chairs,” Soojin managed to make up, supplying the elder Idle member with a convincing smile.

“Yes right,” Y/N continued and tried to give Miyeon the same kind of face that Soojin was wearing. “We were fixing chairs… Yes we definitely are.”

“So the crash was caused by the chairs? How are you two? Did any of you got hurt by any chance?” Miyeon said, supplying them a look of concern.

“Hurt…? Oh yeah, Soojin kind of stumbled on her foot when the chairs fell. We’re about to get back at the dorm to get it cured, maybe treating it with ice or something.”

Soojin wide-eyed Y/N before jumping into the ride with him, “Y-yes unnie, I kinda hit myself with the chair, or the chair hit me. I don’t know but the point is I got hit. Y/N-oppa here was a bit… forceful, but everything is okay unnie.”

“Do you need my help by any chance, manager-nim? I can easily bring this to the staff room and assist you back here,” Miyeon suggested.

“N-no noona, we’re fine here! I can manage Soojin and it’s not that bad anyway. We just need to be careful.”

“Are you sure?”

Soojin nodded.

Once again, the three of them shrouded themselves in silence once more. Miyeon awkwardly waited for the pair to walk past her first, unaware that both Y/N and Soojin completely thought of the same thing. Thanks to that, they were left standing there with the awkwardness of the situation before them, Miyeon slightly swaying on her place, Y/N staring squarely at the ceiling beyond, and Soojin puckering her lips as she stood barefoot on the cold tiled floor.

“Unnie,” Soojin softly breathed.

“Yes?”

“Is the crashing of the chairs the only noise you heard?”