Blooming Feelings

Link's POV

It's been three days since we recovered (Y/N) from Ganon's grasp and i'm now heading back to Tyra's hut in the forest to see how they're doing. I really hope he's better now. (Y/N) didn't want to fight me, he never did, bug Ganon was forcing him.

The poor guy... i can only imagine what he went through... being tortured by his own father, Ganon really is a monster.

As usual, the ride on Epona took about 30 minutes and is relatively peaceful, safe for the occasional wolves. I stopped Epona in front of the shack and next to Tyra's horse which she named Wonder, and i tied Epona's leash to a wooden fence.

I braced myself, open the door  and stepped in. Only for my tension to melt when i saw Tyra sweeping and (Y/N) sitting on top of a pillow on the floor and eating on a short table. He looked at me with curiosity and stopped eating. Tyra then gave me a wide smile and greeted me.

Tyra "Good morning Link. Have you had breakfast yet?"

Link "No i haven't, kinda rushed here."

Tyra "Go grab something from the pot and sit with (Y/N)."

She then jerked her head toward (Y/N) and winked at me as if hinting at something. I decided to do as she says. I went to her cooking pot to see vegetable soup bubbling, i grabbed it on a bowl and on another plate i grabbed a piece of roasted chicken from her table along with a piece of bread. I then walked to the center of the room and sat cross-legged in front of (Y/N) on the floor.

He was squinting both his eyes at me and staring intensely. I leaned back slightly as i was nervous, this kid is scary when he fights, and i don't think i can go at him with an empty stomach. (Y/N) then spoke up.

(Y/N) "Link... have i seen you from somewhere..? You look... familiar."

I took a deep breath and was two seconds away from answering him before i realized that telling him 'we were enemies' probably isn't a good idea.

Link "Yes! I am uhh... a friend! Right, a friend!"

(Y/N) inspected me again. He was staring into me with suspicion as he hummed.

After awhile, Tyra came by and whispered something into his ear. His body turned red from his feet all the way up to his head. I swear i could almost feel the heat radiating off of him. He looked back at me, this time his eyes were wide open with embarrassment.

(Y/N) "S-sorry..." he looked away blushing as he said this. He is so cutee!!

(Y/N) "I had no idea you were the o-one..."

Link "The one what?"

He slowly turned to face me and tilted his head down slightly.

(Y/N) "The one that... *whisper* saved me...."

I barely heard what he said.

Link "Hah?"

He said it a bit louder this time, but nowhere near the volume of regular speech. Jeez, am i really that uncomfortable to look at?

(Y/N) "You were the one that s-saved me. From father."

Link "Oh that! No problem! Its my job to help anyone that needs help!" I say with a bright smile.

(Y/N)'s POV
Link's smile beaming with happiness. So much i felt it. Is this really the guy who rescued me? He doesn't seem too smart but... he is handsome... his beautiful blue eyes and sunshine golden hair-

Wait what? What am i thinking?! You just properly knew him today!!

I gave myself a mental slap in the face and focused. (And hopefully forget those thoughts). Link continued eating his food and i did too. After we finished, Link stayed for a few hours and talked a lot to mom.

I felt weird whenever i see him. Well- one is that weird attraction to him. And the other is different, i felt as if i got to know him but i cant remember seeing him before today... My mom told me that father put a spell on me and controlled me, i guess that's why.

My memories are blurred, i barely remember anything but i some did stick. I remember seeing... a village on fire... a dungeon, i think i was staying there? And... i remember a book... not much other than that.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as Link snapped his fingers and waved his hand infront of my face. I jumped a bit but then focused on him.

(Y/N) "Yes?"

Link "You okay? Spaced out there."

(Y/N) "Yeah im fine, was just... thinking"

Link "Well i'll be heading home. I'll come back tomorrow to check on you."

I blushed at his last sentence. It took him awhile but it looks like he finally realized what it meant. He ended up blushing as well and waving his hands in front of him.

Link "Wait!-nonono! That's not what i meant!" His talking was fast and frantic.

Link "A-anyway. I'll be going now, s-see you tomorrow! Bye!!" He ran out the door, still leaving me a blushing mess.

After he left, i decided to go get some fresh air. I went out the cabin and onto the back yard. I sat on a rock and let my bare feet dip into the streaming river, the cold water running through my toes , it was relaxing. I closed my eyes so i could get a feel of it better. I've forgotten how much i love being in nature like this.

Tyra "Hey!"

Not a few minutes after, mom came and greeted me. She joined me and also dipped her feet into the cold waters as she sat next to me and supported herself up with her hands. She looked out into the forest, smiling contently. We stayed there for a few minutes, enjoying the ambiance of the beautiful forest. The song of the birds chirping and whistles of the wind. The bushes rubbed and rustled on eachother and there is the occasional animal that walks by.

Tyra "Im glad i got you back, (y/N)...."

i stayed silent, simply looking at her. Mom was about the same height as me, slightly taller but still shorter than that Link fellow.

Tyra "I uhh... i want to apologize... for everything. I left you and ran like a coward, i never forgave myself for that and i never will."

I decided to stop her before she went any further. I have an odd connection with her. It's as if i feel what she does, and right now all that i feel is pain. I looked at her straight in the eye and said sternly;

(Y/N) "Mom, you did nothing wrong to me. I'm grateful you came back to me."

It seems that she got my meaning. Of course she still felt guilty, but it's too nice a day to sour the mood. She smiled warmly at me before pulling me into a tight hug. I hugged her back as she kept whispering 'thank you' into my ear. I held back my own tears. I was so happy to be with her again and not dad.

After awhile, we pulled away and mum had a bright smile (along with a few tear marks) on her face.

Tyra "Alright! enough of the sad stuff! I found a really nice cave with a few ruins east of here, wanna go check it out?"

(Y/N) "Yeah i do!"

And the rest of the day went well.... after so many years of being tormented, i can finally have rest...

And as for you, Link. i'm excited to see what the future holds for us. I have a feeling that we might be able to take this mutual friendship a few steps further....