Little Big Brother

I was walking home from school, it was a nice day. I was enjoying the walk.

As I got closer to the house I heard faint yelling. I thought it was the neighbors, until I got closer. "Oh no" I sighed to myself before walking inside.

Alex was sitting in timeout bawling his eyes out while a very frustrated Ryley kept yelling at him to "Sit down!" As he kept trying to get up. I was quiet until Alex saw me. "Bubby!" He yelled crying, reaching for me. "What the heck happened?" I asked Ryley, ignoring my baby brother. "Ask him yourself, I need a minute." Ryley huffed, heading upstairs. "What did you do Alex?" I asked. "Out!" He whined, wanting to be allowed up. "Not until you tell me what happened." I said firmly. "Nothin'. Out now bubby please." Alex whined again. "Alexander James what did you do?" I asked harshly, making him tear up. He's sensitive, he cries everytime someone is slightly annoyed at him. "Ryry told me to nap. I didn't wanna so got mad and made mess." He whimpered. "Where's the mess?" I asked softly. "My room." He said quietly. I quickly left to go check, leaving him to cry harder seeing that I wasn't going to let him up.

I opened his door to ses his room absolutely trashed! Toys were broken and thrown everywhere, his bed sheets and blankets were on the floor. His bookshelf was empty since all his books were all over the floor. And to top it all off, angry scribbles on the wall. "Alexander!" I yelled.

I stormed back downstairs and looked at my baby brother angrily. I pulled him off the chair and picked him up, carrying him upstairs. "Look at this mess! Did you do this?" I asked harshly, already knowing the answer. He sobbed but nodded his head. I pulled him over to the wall, careful not to actually hurt him. "What is this?!" I yelled. "D-draw o-o-on wa-wall!" He sobbed. "What did you use to draw on the wall, show me." I ordered. He walked over to his bed and picked up a marker, yep a sharpie. Just what I thought. "Alexander! This is a sharpie. Its permanent!" I scolded. He sat on the floor and kept crying. I felt bad for yelling at him so I scooped him back into my arms and laid on his bed with him. He hesitated but accepted the comfort.

Once he had calmed down I sat up with him in my lap. "Alex, look at this mess. Why did you do this?" I asked firmly, but gently. "Mad at Ryry." He mumbled. "You can't make a mess like this when you're mad. You also just got in trouble for drawing on the walls not too long ago." I scolded gently. He dropped his head at that and started crying again. "You never throw tantrums when I put you down for a nap, what happened?" I ask softly. "Y-you weren't here bubby!" He cried. Aww he missed me. "I was at school bub. You can't throw tantrums just because I'm not here. Ryley was just trying to get you to nap so we could play when I got home." I explained. "Play?" He asked excited. "No Alex, you were a bad boy for Ryry. You're lucky he didn't spank you bud." I said sternly. "Bubby gonna 'pank me?" He asked softly, his lip wobbling. I sadly nodded my head, and as I expected, the tears started again. "N-no! I s-sor-rry!" He begged. I bounced him lightly, trying to get him to calm down. "Shhh bub, you can't throw tantrums just because you miss me. I just spanked you for drawing on the wall a few weeks ago and you did it again. Does bubby need to spank you harder this time so you don't do it again?" I ask sternly, slightly curious to see his answer.

"No! No, don't do it bubby!" Alex cried. "Then why did you do it again?" I asked softly. "'Cause I was s-sad! Bubby was gone." He pouted adorably. "That's not an excuse bub. That was very naughty." I explained. He nodded his head sadly. Ah he's so cute! I stood up and placed him on the floor. "Ok bub, lets clean this up first." I said gently. He nodded obediently and started to pick up the toys on his floor. I put the sheets back on his bed, and sorted his books back into the bookshelf. He pouted everytime he found a broken toy, but didn't complain. After we finished his room I pulled him to sit back down on his bed. "There much better." I smiled softly. He smiled back and tried to get up. "Not so fast bub. You were a bad boy and bubby needs to spank you for it." I scolded him softly, trying not to scare him. "Nooooo!" He whined. Gosh I know exactly how it feels. I wonder if this is how Ryley feels?

"You'll be ok bub. We can cuddle after just like last time." I tried to comfort. "It still h-hurts bubby!" He pouted. "I know baby, trust me I know. I'll do it quick so we can cuddle." I said gently. He sniffled and nodded his head sadly. "Good boy." I cooed. I sat down next to him and laid him over my lap again. This time pulling his shorts down a little. He squirmed, knowing what I was doing from watching Ryley spank me. He probably knows this makes it hurt more. "Hold still baby, do you want to hold my hand?" I ask softly. He nods and throws his hand back. I gently grab his hand and lay it on his back. Only five, he'll be fine.

SMACK! SLAP! SMACK! SPANK! SPANK!

I pick up my crying brother and rock him gently. "Shh I know baby I know. Bubby's here." I comfort, placing a kiss on his curly hair. He got Mama's curls, like me but Ryley doesn't. I kept rocking him slowly, patting his back and whispering to calm him down like Ryley does with me. It's crazy to think how I can go from being little brother to big brother. I'm the middle kid, and I wouldn't change it.