1.8

Luke

I lay in my bed staring up at the ceiling. Several magazines lay around on the floor. My phone was still going off occasionally.

I can't do anything about it, I don't know what she wants me to do. I warned her before we hung out, I can't control what they say or what they do.

It's days like this when I want to down a bottle of vodka, or tequila.

That was out of the question though.

Instead, I fight the urge while laying in bed, waiting. Waiting for something, to fall asleep, for someone to visit, for the urge to go away. The list could go on forever, as it was an endless wait.

Petunia lay at my feet sleeping, as usual.

It had been two weeks since our week vacation and the articles had finally come out, all at once. In some, the story was just a small section, easy to over look. Other magazines had it on the front cover in big, bright print. Luke Hemmings gets himself a mystery girl.

I rolled my eyes, Allie was just my friend. We have known each other since first grade.

Why can't I have a friend that is a girl without people speculating that we're together?

I knew why though.

I finally grabbed my phone, knowing it was her.

Allie: Can't you do something about it?

Allie: I don't care but I'm getting harassed. I had to make my twitter private.

Then one was a screen shot of a message she had received. Basically threatening to hurt her if she comes near me again.

A few seconds later she sent another, this one saying they were going to find where she lives.

I opened my twitter app.

I might as well tweet something, this is getting too out of hand.

I scrolled through my mentions. Some were very nice and congratulating me on my new girlfriend. There were a few mean ones, calling Allie ugly or not good enough. What did these people think I was gonna do? See their tweet and think, "oh shit they're right." Regardless of the fact Allie and I are friends I don't understand what they think they're accomplishing.

I tapped on my timeline and saw several tweets from Ashton. One was a video drumming. Another was a link to our album, and the other just said chocolate milk party.

I laughed, remembering the keek of him from years ago. When we were young and foolish.

I scrolled a little more until I saw one that stuck out.

@stormy.sky7 being forced into using a dating app. Is this a form of torture?

My thumb hovered over her tweet as I stared at the tiny little profile picture. I tapped on it and it took me to her page.

I tapped her picture again, making it bigger.

She was smiling while doing a peace sign. She looked happier than when I knew her.

That thought weighed me down a little.

When I knew her.

I don't know her anymore.

When I did know her I treated her like absolute shit.

I read through her most recent tweets.

@stormy.sky7 why does every guy on sweethearts just want to fuck? Maybe they should make an app for that.