Chapter Fifty Six

Beta colby

I'd been in battles many of times, but none compared to this. In this moment time seemed to move much slower than reality. Rouges piled in front of Larsen my beast waiting and preparing for their strike.

I wasn't naive enough to think I'd make it out of this alive. However I planned on taking as many of these monsters with me, ridding the work of these vicious creatures. I need to buy time for Breya, Jackson, our king and my pack.

I breathed in the air around me allowing it to fill my lungs. My beast was ready and so was I. We sensed movement behind us,my beast predicting the presumed attack. My body ducked low as my beast moved back. The male rouge landed with force into the snow causing him. To grow frustrated.

I could see it in his eyes the hunger for blood. He crouched low snarling towards my beast before coming at me with every bit of his strength. This time my beast wasted no time in surging forward his powerful Jaws wrapped around the Rouges throat ripping it out with a feral growl. His lifeless body dropped to the floor only leaving behind his echoing whimpers.

Growls, snarls and snapping of teeth were surrounding me, my beast instantly focused being patient and reserving our energy. Then time.began to move,everything moving so quick leaving me with zero. Opportunity to think.

Rouges dived towards me from every directions, one landing on my back and sinking their teeth into my flesh. My beast held onto a pitiful wolf our teeth tearing through his skin, whilst. Moving our body to shake the rouge of our back.

Before I could blink they ambushed me, Rouges swarming my beast throwing our sharpened claws around to shred any piece of flesh we could. While clamping our teeth into anything that came even remotely close.

My beast continued to fight despite the amount of wolves on top of us, all trying to get their fill. I knew it was becoming to much their numbers providing them strength. My ears perked as howls resignated through the sky, my beast becoming excited at the sound of our pack members.

I began to release my aura allowing my beast to demonstrate his true power. The Rouges began to flinch back unable to control their wolves instinct to recognise a higher ranked wolf.

Standing to my feet I waited for Ivy and Jamie to join me. Together we created a circle all facing our enemies head on. Soon the wolves hunger and blood lust won the battle against submitting.

This time though I wasn't alone, there might have only been three of us but we were smarter, more skilled, stronger and wernt drowning from the need to kill.

Wolves again came from every direction blindly charging at us making it easier for me to kill them. The whimpering sounds from Jamie sent me into a frenzy. I immediately jumped over his body in an attempt to protect him from these creatures.

He was hurt badly I could feel his warm blood surrounding my paws telling Em he need help now!.

"Asher?, bring a doctor!"

I preyed he made it on time before we lost our delta. My beast turned into a wild animal as he fought to protect his friend. Holding no prisoners we snapped, clawed, bit into every wolf that attempted to attack.

Soon I felt my energy draining, the injuries I'd sustained all catching up to me. Still there was no sign of wolf but I knew he'd be here soon he wouldn't abandon his pack nor would he leave Breya.

Breya. As soon as her face entered my mind I searched the blooded snow for her. My eyes landing on her through the mass of dead wolves and raging battle. She looked so weak, yet she forced her eyes open. Jackson had moved towards her, his own body looking ready to give up at any given moment. Yet he snarled at anyone who approached her.

A light blonde wolf stood next to them blood dripping from her fur. It must of been the women thst was holding her. I looked to Ivy as she continued to push her wolf to the limits, she was smaller than me but my god she was fast. It was almost impossible to land a hit on her as she weaved through every wolf who tried.

I could see what she was doing she was baiting them, she was trying to make them chase her, work for her buying us more time for our king to arrive.

Distracted by my thoughts I didn't see Larsen approaching me, nor did I see the needle he plunged into my kneck before I felt it. My beast rawed in pain as a burning fire possed me. I knew exactly what it was as it forced my body to shift back to my human body.

My wolf slipping further and further away from me every passing second. He held on for as long as he could until the poison completely pushed him out. I withered in pain as two pairs of hands grabbed me,pulling me up to face the cruellest monster do them all.

My naked body exposed to the world as my knees sunk into the snow. I refused to allow a sound to pass my lips. He didn't deserve the satisfaction of hearing my pain, this wasn't the first time I'd been poisoned making me familiar with what tow expect.

"I'd like to say I'm disappointed in you r decision, but honestly I'm grateful for the choice you made. At least know I finally get to kill you, the world's infamous royal beta. I think it will do wonders for my reputation. What do you think?"

I grinned at him taking him momentarily by surprise, you see he couldn't feel it not like I could he was close.

" I think your a piece of shit, that honestly needs to rot in hell,

He growled at my thoughts only causing me to smile wider.

"I'm sure my day will come but not before yours"

Shaking my head I began to tut at him like a petulant child who needed a time a out, honestly he definitely needed one.

"I wasn't finished, you won't win because cowards never do, you poisoned me and will more than likely take my life. But you remember that victory only happened because you poisoned me! You will know thst you were never strong enough to take me down...

His face was practically bubbling in anger his need to prove his worth working in my favour. Until he turned and marched toward Breya, the blind wolf tried to step between them but Rouges piled in her. Jackson tried hard to defend her but in his state he could barley sit up.

I felt my own anger rising as he ripped her from the ground, pain evident on her face as she suck in a breath. His lengthened claw sitting at her kneck causing me to thrash against the Rouges holding me.

His face it up like a child's would in christmas day as he realised the effect it was having in me to see her in his clutches. The agonising worry soon left me though as I felt his aura, his power, his presence. I watched as Larsen figured it out his face paling in fear causing me to smile in victory.

He was here