Chapter 39

Prostitutes and Universal Healthcare

(Y/n) sat in a modly jail cell much like the one she had sat in a long time ago. She curses at herself and laughs. The MP guarding her cell slams his rifle into the metal bars to shut her up and she glares at him.

"Don't think you're so high and mighty because I'm in here and you're out there," she warns him and he swallows down the lump that formed on his throat. 

She had been stuck in there for three days without no visitors. She had actually heard Levi's cool voice along with Eren's and Erwin's, but the Military Police weren't allowing them to come and see her. 

"Agh! I'm bored!" she shouts out and lays down on the bed.

She feels something pinch her breast so she readjusts her bra when she feels a piece of paper. She takes out the paper and her eyes widen. She had forgotten that a certain someone had slipped her a note after her fight with Nikolas.

(Y/n) opens up the bent paper and leans it up against the candlelight to read it.

(Y/n), if you're reading this, then that means that you are very much alive and Nikolas is not. Thank you for killing that asshole, I was getting tired of him ordering me around. Imagine thinking that anyone can control the Ava Moritz.

Enough with my ranting, you must have questions. As you know, your mother, Ophelia, is not from the walls. Neither is Nikolas, Fredrik, and me. We all came from the outside world. You may wonder what is the outside world, but I have a feeling you'll live long enough to find out.

I was your mother's friend long before Nikolas killed her. I couldn't watch him kill you too so I took you in. Ophelia died before even muttering your name, I was the one who named you. I was the one who cared for you those two months.

There is so much more I want to explain to you. So much I need to say, but I cannot write these things in a letter. There are other things I don't know, however, there is one person who can tell you truly happened.

Go to Shiganshina and find the diaries Marian left behind. She wrote various diary entries that explain your early stages of life. 

(Y/n), No matter how much hatred you harbor for me, I will always love you as my own daughter. I'll see you soon.

Ava Moritz

"Fuck this shit" (Y/n) mumbles as she folds the paper nicely and places it back in her bra so no one could steal it from her, "Why is everything in my life such a fucking plot twist? For once, can things just be normal?" 

"But you're not normal" a voice speaks up and she looks through the metal bars. Her father stood in all his hooded glory, the guard was knocked out. He smiles at her, "It's been a long time since we've seen each other."

"Is it true? That Ava named me? That she took care of me?" (Y/n) asks and sits up from the cot.

He frowns at her, "That I do not know. In fact, I didn't know Ophelia was even pregnant. I only found out when I sensed your power once Ava started training you."

"Tell me why you appeared in front of me on the night that everything went to shit," she asks and glares at her father, "And don't lie to me or I swear on your fucking name that I will never speak to you again."

"Anything but that! I can't lose my cute daughter" he says and wiggles his body with a pout. He then smiles at her, "Ava contacted me nights prior that your life was in danger and you couldn't find out about Nikolas because you were too young to handle the responsibility."