𝙤 𝙣 𝙚

k e e f e 

Fitz and I were walking home from a very long session of detention with Lady cadence. We're in 12th grade, still getting detention. Fitz got detention because he "accidentally" tripped his sister Biana at Lunch.  And... I got detention because, well 'cause I'm me.

"Hey, wanna get some ice cream?" Fitz said, pointing to Braums right across from us. Me love me some ice cream.

"Yeah, sure, let's go," I reply, taking his wrist and dragging him inside. It wasn't that crowded, but there were a good amount of people. Fitz walks up to the cashier.

"Yeah, we'll have..." My ears weren't listening to the rest of what he said as my eyes caught a blonde girl sitting at one of the tables. It looked like she was studying. But why did I care? I couldn't see her face since her long beautiful hair was covering her face as she was leaning down to write. Wait, beautiful? What's wrong with me?

She finally looked up. Holy moly donut shop. She was so freaking pretty. Honestly, is it possible for someone to be that pretty without make-up? Or natural make-up? Or whatever girls do to their poor faces? 

She got up and walked toward one of the cashiers. I did my best not to look at her as I asked Fitz, "Hey, do you know that girl?" I pointed "subtly" at her.

"Well, I've seen her a couple times at my house. Biana and her are good friends, so I'm guessing she is a Junior. She's pretty cute," Fitz replied. Jealousy burned inside me without my permission. 

After we got our ice cream, I told Fitz to wait outside, and that I needed to go to the bathroom. He looked at me suspiciously, but didn't argue as he went outside.

I blow out a breath as I walk up to the girl who was now back at her table. So many questions I could ask her.

Hi! What's your name?
What's up?
How are you?

But nope. My stupid brain just had to ask the stupidest question of all questions as a first impression.

"Are you wearing make-up?" I blurt, and then immediately regret it. She looks straight at me with her beautiful brown eyes.

"Uh, no, and if I was, would that be a problem?" She snapped looking at me like I'm a toxic puddle on the floor.

Feisty. I like it. (By far my favorite line of the chapter lol)

"Umm no," I blurt, my face flushed. "Sorry, ignore what I said earlier. What's your name?"

She, once again, looked at me like I'm crazy, but then sighs. "Sophie. Sophie Foster. You?"

"I'm Keefe," I say. I try to start a conversation but then see Fitz through the window looking at me.

"Sorry, my friend is calling me, I got to go," I say, pointing to Fitz.

"Oh Fitz? I've seen him around. Y'all are seniors right?" She asks me.

"Yeah. Ill see you around then. Later Foster," I say, and then run out the door. Foster?  What's happening?