Epilogue

Nobody:

Absolutely nobody:

Y'all: WHATTTTT SHE'S STILL CALLING HER MISS ROSE AT THE END OF THE BOOK!

lol (:

--------

"Come on Muna, don't be shy." Miss Rose said smiling down at me.

"Yes Muna, come on, you can do it!" Amanda yelled from the other end of the FaceTime call.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. They were supporting me so much, the last thing I wanted was to disappoint them. But I guess it was better for me just to get it over with.

Releasing the breath I was holding, I opened my eyes and stared at my laptop screen:

Dear Muna Johnson,

We are Princeton University are proud to inform you that you have been accepted-

I began screaming; I began running around and just screaming. Amanda was screaming as well from the other end of the line whilst Miss Rose looked between the two of us in shock with a huge smile playing on her face.

"I got in!" I yelled, jumping up and wrapping my arms around Miss Rose's neck, "I got into my dream school! I got into Princeton! I'm going to Grad school!"

Miss Rose hugged me tighter as she whispered into my ear, "I knew you could do it, baby."

I smiled at her before turning to Amanda on the FaceTime call, who was still yelling her head off.

"You're amazing, Muna! I told you you'd get in! My best friend is going to Princeton, I can't believe this!"

Once again she started screaming and I joined in. Miss Rose stared at us for a few moments, and then she joined in. The three of us stood screaming and jumping around as we celebrated my win. I couldn't believe it. I did it. I really did it.

"I can't believe that you're leaving after the summer." Miss Rose said as I stared up into her eyes.

We were lying in bed next to each other and I took in her beauty. Her sparkling green eyes and beautiful smile. I reached up and ran my fingers through her hair, which she had added blonde highlights to.

"I know." I said quietly, "I can't believe I wouldn't be your PA anymore."

"Fuck." Miss Rose whispered, "how am I meant to find someone else to replace you?"

"Nobody can replace me," I said, giggling. Deep down, I knew I was going to miss it dearly. Being Miss Roses PA was the most adventure I had gotten probably my whole life. I shook my head. It hadn't even been a year, and I thought of all the events that had occurred.

She groaned loudly and ran her fingers through her hair in frustration. "Princeton is so far away."

"It's only about 5 hours." I replied, but I felt my heart sink in my chest knowing I wouldn't be seeing Miss Rose as often. She couldn't just drive down anytime she wanted either.

My heart ached.

There was a moment in which we just lay in silence.

"Guess you better get used to calling me Anastasia since you won't be my PA anymore," Miss Rose said as she tried to lighten the mood and I smiled at her, stretching out my hand and placing it on her face.

"Anastasia Rose." I stated then crumpled up my nose, "nah, it doesn't have the same kinky feel to it."

Miss Rose laughed at my joke and took my hand in hers, bringing my fingers up to her lips and softly kissing it, "no matter what happens Muna. I'd be right here, waiting for you. I promise."

I watched as she looked at me with those intense eyes that I had fallen in love with. I smiled at her as I felt my eyes begin to sting, I rapidly blinked it away. Everything was so bittersweet.

"I love you." I whispered to Miss Rose.

She pulled me towards her and kissed me hard.

I sat up in bed, my afro coming up in a halo around my head as I looked down at Miss Rose below me. Miss Rose dragged me down again as our lips reconnected and her hands slipped under my shirt. She flipped me over suddenly before pulling away from me. I grumbled at the sudden loss of heat from not having her lips pressed against mine.

"I love you, Muna Johnson." She whispered out before bending down and connecting our lips together all over again.

My heart ached knowing I wouldn't be able to do this as frequently with her any longer. But I pushed the thought to the back of my mind and instead focused my full attention on the woman right in front of me. The woman that was here, right now. And I definitely was not going to waste it worrying about what was to come.

After all, we still had the whole summer.