Chapter 4

Kassius straightened up as he walked in the room, he glanced around before he stood behind the two larger males almost just wanting to disappear.

He was fine before he was the center of attention, Kassius turned his head with his eyes trailing after the large male across the room.

Kass was about to take a seat where he was told just accepting he'd have to sit through the stares and murmurs, before the loud snarls and growls snapped his attention over. he tucked his curls back looking up.

his eyes widened seeing the alpha looking directly at him, once Feral started his way he started to panic moving further behind Ash.

Kassius had to admit to himself he was completely terrified and over all confused. That male was huge and Kass had no clue what he had done. He'd started shaking his hand, subconsciously gripped onto Ash's arm as if grounding himself back to reality as he hid behind him.

Ash shifted enough away to make Kassius look at him then farel. That is as the larger male had gotten closer Kassius' mind was cluttered with trying to find a way to get out or something.

Kassius nearly whimpered and that's when the smaller male shifted, his form talking a small form of a puppy which only made him hide in the pile of clothes at the animal of choice.

"Great..now I'll die in one bite. idiot"

Kassius scolded himself for not clearing his mind well enough.

The small milk chocolate puppy's paws covered its ears, now just giving up and leaving him, submitting to farel completely, knowing he wouldnt have a chance in this form or room full of wolves.

Feral's eyes had been on Kassius the whole time and his eyes immediately fell onto the small change.

His eyes softening against the innocent sight, he fell to his knees in front of him.

Ash, now towering above the both of them. He turned to look at the small pup behind him. His eyes went back to Feral, who's face was completely unreadable but yet so gentle. Something he's never seen before, honestly nobody in the room. Not even Cole...

The male who had been in Feral's sights unofficially, stood to his feet. Which caused one of the Deltas to grab him and shove him down. Glaring at him, mindlinking him.

"Sit, now is not the time to screw around Cole."

Cole looked away wanting to be out of there more than ever now.

Ash had stepped aside, letting the alpha male have his moment.

Something deep inside Feral made him want to grab up the small form and hold him protectively. But he knew that would probably scare the male more so he kept his distance. He grunted lowly hating being put in such a soft state, he thrusted his fist againt the floor and stood up to his feet.

Every other wolf in the room was waiting on their alpha's next move. He glared at all of them, demanding then to go back to whay they were doing.

His eyes then shifted to the two Deltas on either side of Kassius, "Give him space, he can't shift back with you two towering over him," he growled, his eyes narrowing at them.

They nodded in unison, "Yes Alpha..." the stepped away a little more.

Everyone in the room finally starting to ease up.

Kassius slowly looked up at them, his head titled at the large males.

After seeing he wasn't in actual danger, he sighed to himself.

His head lowered and he shifted back. Kass knelt on his knees adjusting his tank top and shorts now,

"I-im sorry...I'm still w-working on that..." He muttered lowly, not raising his eyes to meet the alpha male.

Long curly hair covered his face as he slowly stood to his feet. He clasped his hands infront of himself while staying silent.

Ash pulled out the chair for Kassius and then took his spot next to Feral again.

Alpha Feral had sat down across the seat Ash had pulled out for Kassius, which now was the only available seat. Deep down the shape-shifter male knew that was his only option, warrior wolves were guarding the double doors on both sides and the window from both ends as well.

Feral brought a hand to his forehead, resting it there. He was obviously deep in thought, thinking over what had just happened.

Kassius thanked Ash lowly and sat down. A couple of glances at feral and then down at his lap. He played with his fingers after pulling his shirt back on fully, and tucked his hair back to now glance at Ash.
Ash looked at Feral then around the table, his eyes eventually landing on Kassius again.

Everyone was surely wondering the same exact thing, a shape-shifter being the Alpha's mate.

Feral sighed and looked at Kassius, "You should eat," he said.

Kassius, noticing that nobody had began eating yet. Being a pack rule that the wolves in higher rank got first dibs on the meal, something Feral never followed until today. Knowing exactly what the scent meant, he decided that Kassius would have first pick in the meal.

Everyone else still lightly talking.

Kassius looked at him curiously then at Feral, his lips parted so speak but nothing came out. As he couldn't find words to say, not knowing what to say or if he even should say anything. A look around the room made him rub his palms together nervously. Kass nodded gently at him.

He wasn't that hungry at that point, but knew he shouldn't refuse to not be rude. Scanning over the table and facing Feral again, he said "i- uh-uh what do you recommend...?" Kassius' voice was hushed and gentle.

Feral looked at him, "Well anything really... but the land meat is more fresh. Caught around the border. Whereas the seafood it comes packaged from the grocer. Very rarely are we able to catch our own fish, only on week long hunts."

He then leaned back in his chair.

"There's a lot of springs around these woods, it shouldn't be too difficult. Well depending on how much you want to catch at once," Kassius spoke then weighed over the choices again. He bit his lip and shrugged while pointing at a sliver of steak, "uh...I guess this?"

"Well sure but we don't hunt outside of the border, even if we were able to that'd be direct food for the pups..." Feral shrugged then shut up. Deciding to not share everything in one breath.

"We hunt out of town where the food sources aren't scarce." He then looked at Kassius again.

"And you don't have to ask just eat..." he paused before his wolf encouraged him to keep speaking.

"After all you're my top priority now, what you want you'll get," Feral's wolf boomed, causing everyone to look at him.

Ash looked at Feral then back at Kassius, biting his tongue from wanting to chuckle.

Kassius pushed some curls from his eyes and looked at him softly,

"...Then does that mean I can go home?"

Completely forgetting about the steak and rice he was thinking of eating.

Now lightly leaning on the table looking at him. "That'd be kinda nice..."