2 | Inmate 7475

DesireeJanuary 12, 2019 (12:13PM)

Desiree
January 12, 2019 (12:13PM)

I was starting the weekend off badly. I just got done showering and eating my breakfast since I woke up a lil late.

My grandmother and I are the only ones home today cause my mom started her shift earlier than normal on the weekends.

On deciding to write the letter to Vance, I grabbed some paper and a pen and started on a draft.

I picked up the pen and started to write, 'Dear Mr. Vance Wright' at the top of the page.

Should I start wit that? I probably shouldn't, it sounds too professional. The nigga's in jail for crying out loud.

I crumpled up the peace of paper and tossed it in the trash. It wasn't supposed to be complicated. All I have to do is write down some words on a dumb ass piece of paper.

I placed a fresh new sheet in front of me as I sat around the kitchen table. This time I started the letter with, 'Dear Vance'. Somethin simple, somethin light and nothing extra.

I went on by introducing myself while trying not to reveal too much personal information. After that, words and questions just started to flow outta me and onto the paper. The writing got easy once I got past the beginning.

Once I was done, I read everything over to make sure nothing sounded stupid. The finishing product was two pages long(not double sided), probably because I write big but it's whatever.

Can you imagine if I did all dis work and he doesn't write back?

Here's what I wrote:

'Dear Vance,

My Name's Desiree but most of my friends call me Desi or Des, whichever one works. I'm 5'5 and a senior in highschool...I'm so fucking happy that I'm graduating school cause I've had enough, but I know ima have to go to college after but I heard it's lit there so I'm not stressin'. I'm a Taurus but I don't know if you're into that kinda stuff. Anyways, I'm writing to you 'cause I wanna get to know more about you. You didn't have anything written about you on your profile like everyone else on the website so I got curious and chose to write to you. (To be honest, I didn't wanna write to a prisoner because it sounded dangerous but here I am...writing this letter to you.) Now, I wanna know a lot of things about you, Vance Wright. What's your favorite color? Mines is royal blue right now. What's your favorite food? Mines is spaghetti right now. When you get out, what's the first restaurant you're gonna visit? Where have you always wanted to got on vacation? I've always wanted to go to Cancún or Bora Bora, someplace exotic and popular. Do you have any siblings? I have a younger half brother but I don't know him, I just know of him. Some of these questions are weak but it's a start I guess. I'll have more for when or if you respond. Until next time.

Sincerely,
Desiree'

I tried my best to sound polite...I just really, really, really, really, really hope he responds to me.

Anyways, folded the two pieces of paper and placed it in an envelope. I wrote everything that I needed to on the front and placed a stamp on the correct side.

"Gran Gran, I'm goin out for a second, ima be back," I walked to my Grandmother's bedroom door.

"Oh ok, honey. Come back in one piece," she replied.

"Ok."

I walked away to go put on my slippers. The nearest mailbox was a two minute walk away.

End of Chapter
Lmao, idk why but I'm not expecting this book to get a lot of reads. If you read the summary and you're here, I hope you come to enjoy this book.

 If you read the summary and you're here, I hope you come to enjoy this book