Ridiculous

Pierce sighed as he sat beside Claire and her friends. It had been a few days since they had first arrived here.

Pierce liked it. It was calm, and everyone here was kind and welcoming.

They were all talking about their childhood and other things he couldn't relate to.

They were all at a park, sitting at a table near a lake. Well, aside from Arlo.

"Remember that one time we played hide and seek and Troy revealed both of our positions?" Sara asked as she looked to Keith.

"Oh, right! That was fun." Keith smiled.

Pierce leaned back and let out a sigh.

Claire turned to look at him.

"Oh, sorry!" she said.

"Wait, so what were you doing before you met Claire?" Troy turned his attention to Pierce.

"Oh," he looked at Claire. "I was a merchant from Sailorn and I met her when she stopped."

"Really? That's cool! What did you sell?"

"Uh... I sold all kinds of things. It ranged from food all the way up to weaponry."

Claire had asked him to lie about his past as a Vaequilian.

He understood why she didn't want people to know that he was a royal guard in Vaequiles.

It was a higher rank, and that could make them think he was working undercover.

"Really? That's cool. We were all just boring villagers before we joined the Endeavors."

"Still are." Troy laughed.

"Hey, it's Arlo!" Sara said.

Arlo had been walking by the park. He had his hand on his chin and there was a hint of annoyance on his face.

Pierce knew little to nothing about him.

Arlo waved at them and started walking toward them.

"Hey, Arlo, what are you doing here?"

"Oh, I was just taking a stroll. You're all here?"

"Oh... yeah. We couldn't find you, so we thought you were busy."

Arlo brought a chair to the table and sat down.

"I just was just thinking."

"About what?"

"A couple of things."

Pierce watched as Arlo leaned back and looked up into the sky.

"Do you guys believe in visions?"

"Not really, no. I can't say I've ever had one." Troy laughed.

I wonder where this conversation will go.

Pierce leaned back in his chair, too.

"I had a dream some time ago. Aerys spoke to me." Arlo continued.

"A...Aerys?"

"Yeah."

"Well, what did it say?" Claire asked.

Does he really believe he made contact with the god of Zealorus? Ridiculous!

"I mean..." Arlo scratched his head. "He said I would become the king of-"

"Zealorus?" Sara interrupted him.

"I... no, of Czarina."

What? Czarina?

That will never happen.

Troy put his hands behind his head.

"You mean before Vaequiles and Zealorus split? That was long before we were born, Arlo; hundreds of years ago."

"I know, but that's what Aerys said."

Troy's face showed confusion.

"I mean, I'll believe you since you're my best friend, but isn't that a little far-fetched?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Anyways, Sara, do you want to learn some new spells now?" Claire asked.

"Sure, why not?" they both got up to leave.

"We'll see you guys later!"

Pierce looked out across the lake.

That could never happen. The two kingdoms would never be able to find peace with each other.

This has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my entire life.