Nephew (ch 14)

Loki had been training Peter for a couple months now. Every time Thor visited, Peter would have to maneuver around the house. Those days always made Loki and Peter anxious and they were getting tired of doing it. They both agreed on introducing Peter to Thor soon.

Today was like any day. The sun was shinning, the tall buildings lit up and the day just had a happy feeling to it.

I sat on the couch in front of the kitchen while I ate my breakfast and read my book quietly. Loki had to leave when Stark called him in for a mission about 15 minutes ago.

My phone buzzed on the table next to me. I looked up and away from the book. I grabbed my phone to look at the screen. It was from Loki, going to somewhere called England to steal a artifact. I'll probably be back before you get home but I'll text you if I die. Have a good day at school. I smiled brightly and thought of a annoying comment before texting back.

My watch dinged and I got up to make my way to the front door. When I arrived, I grabbed my backpack sitting on the ground. I transformed into my human form and closed the door before locking it.

The day proceeded like normal and school was going okay but that didn't stop the jokes and comments pointed at me as I walked the halls. Gym went okay, I could always reach the physical part of gym but I had to pretend to struggle as I was (supposed)the weak, nerdy kid. Then it was lunch which went normal until I noticed people in black suits walk the halls scanning the area.

I grew a bit hesitant when one of them stopped walking with his partner and walked up to me. If there was one thing Dad taught me it was to always be prepared for a fight and to expect the unexpected.

So far, I didn't know who these guys were or who they worked for. So when one of them stopped and started walking toward me as I walked the halls, I felt my body stiffen. I always had weapons on me which were protected with a invisibility spell but I could lift the spell when needed.

Just like dad I had a pair of knifes up my sleeves crafted in Asgard as a gift from Dad. The man got closer and my fingers started to dance and tug at my sleeve but my senses didn't make him out as a threat.

The man finally approached me and I noticed that his partner stopped and turned around to look at me from behind the man. My eyes returned back to the mans face as the he stood cross arms blocking my escape. I was very nervous but I hid it very well.

"Um, can I help you? If you need directions just ask." I said calmly, looking curiously up at him. I noticed a little symbol on his right sleeve that resembled a hawk and immediately knew what it meant.

The little sign was the symbol of SHEILD, it was a organization that tried to stop my father from unwillingly, trying to taking over the world when he was being mind controlled. They also had connections to the famous Avengers as the team originated from their director, Nick Fury.

The symbol was drilled into my head so if I would come across a agent, I would immediately be on high alert. Loki had already made amends with Phil Coulson for killing him and Nick Fury for unwillingly trying and failing to take over the world. They all still hated him but he was now a Avenger so he was treated as no less. Dad had already taken a liking to Fury when he was present for a meeting to which Fury yelled at Stark and Rogers making them look like children getting scolded by their mother.

I was shocked but mostly confused, why would SHEILDs agents be roaming the halls of a high school? I continue to stare at him making it look like I haven't made the realization as the organization was not supposed to be known by any normal person. I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Are you okay sir? I know sigh language if you cannot talk." I said smirking proudly, remembering all the online classes I took to master Sign Language.