[39] Mum

After a quick shower and outfit change I make my way back into the kitchen, where Jex is busy cooking dinner, also fresh from the shower. His dark hair slicked back messily and his stunning blue eyes, focused hard on the task at hand.

As I take him in, I bite down on my bottom lip. He looks so effortlessly handsome tonight, dressed in his black ripped jeans and his Sik Silk shirt. He looks like he hasn't put much thought into his outfit, but I know that he has, because usually, he'd be walking around in sweats and with no shirt.

I make my way in and sit upon the bench, smiling over at him. "What are you cooking?"

"Seeing as someone distracted me I don't have time to cook the roast I was planning, so we're going with plan b; quiche and salad."

"Yum!" I reply instantly, as I look around the kitchen. "Do you want me to help you with the salad?"

"No," he shakes his head.

"Can I do anything at all to help?" I question.

He makes his way over and places his hand on my bare thigh. "Stop being such a damn distraction, that would be a good start," he slides his hand up my thigh, now under the material of my blue dress.

Buzzzz, the buzzer attached to the gate buzzes throughout the house, causing me to jump slightly.

"I'm assuming that's your Mum," he grins and pulls back.

I slide off the bench quickly. "I'll open the gate."

"Cameras," he calls after me.

"Huh?"

"Check the cameras first. Don't just open the gate," he reminds me.

"Yes boss," I giggle softly, as I head into the camera surveillance room quickly. I take in the sight of my Mum behind the wheel of her car and I buzz her in.

I then head to the front door and swing it open, smiling as I wait for her.

She parks the car and steps out, a cake box in her hand from my favourite bakery and she makes her way up the stairs. "Hi baby," she smiles.

I take a step toward her and take the cake, placing it down on the hall table and wrap my arms around her. "I'm so sorry about you and dad," I tell her, as I begin to cry.

"Bella, honey shhh," she holds me close. "You have nothing to be sorry for, it's okay. Your father and I separating is on him baby, not you."

"Alright, dinners re ..." Jex begins, as he makes his way down the hall. He stops as soon as he takes in the sight of us.

I pull back from the hug and wipe my tears quickly, Mum doing the same.

"Sorry, I'll give you a second," Jex says awkwardly.

"No, don't be silly," I hold my hand out to him.

He makes his way over and takes my hand. "Jex this is my Mum Sara. Mum this is my boyfriend Jex," I introduce them.

"It's really nice to meet you, Mrs Ricci. I'm sorry the situation is so shitty though."

"I'm glad to meet you too Jex and please call me Sara. I don't know if I even count as Mrs. Ricci anymore," she half jokes. "But that's a story for later."

"Well dinner is ready. So I'll go and plate it up," Jex smiles and kisses my temple, then heads down the hall.

"He's cute isn't he?" Mum grins, as he walks away.

"Very, both inside and out," I gush, as I pick up the cake and we begin making our way down the hall and into the kitchen.

"I figured I'd let you both serve your own salad. I didn't know how much you'd like," Jex smiles.