5 : Flower Child

CHAPTER FIVE
━━━━━━ 🌻 ━━━━━━

CHAPTER FIVE━━━━━━ 🌻 ━━━━━━

       So it was happening, after all

       So it was happening, after all. On Thursday morning, Gwen and Mae awaited Peter's arrival at Mae's locker. They didn't wait for too long as Peter was almost as punctual as Mae ( and she was not very punctual ), and the girls believed that they were close enough to Peter to understand him. Hopefully, at least. When he finally came, eyebrows contorted at how the girls looked at him, Gwen invited Peter to come over for dinner the next day and he was about to decline, but Mae gave him a look ( a look that he didn't like to see and hopefully won't see again ).  "Gwen's home, seven o'clock. She'll write you her address." The honey haired girl informed the scrawny boy in front of her who mumbled in agreement, a bit too shy to meet either of their gazes.

    So now at six forty-five P.M., Gwen and Mae lazily laid on their beds in their shared room. Gwen was quickly jotting something down in her notebook while Mae boringly scrolled through her phone, her stomach on her bed. Her feet were tangled together over her back as one hand supported her cheek— incase she fell asleep out of boredom all of a sudden. The whole point of inviting Peter was to make him feel less lonely after his uncle's demise, but Mae wished he would come already or she was sure that her boredom will end her.

    The sound of knocking came suddenly, Mae turned around to the sound confusedly. She almost lost her breath but she lost her balance, slipping from the bed and slamming onto the floor. She glared upwards, her nose flaring at Peter who knelt on the other side of the window, cringing at her abrupt fall. Angrily, Mae stood up, huffing as she dusted her jeans and stomped towards the transparent window, opening it to let him in.

     Gwen from her bed watched the scene with crumpled eyebrows, the whole thing making her surprised. She folded her arms, a small smirk appeared on her face, a realisation about her friends in front dawning slyly over her. She cleared her throat, causing them both to look over at her. Peter covered his face with flowers of pink, yellow and white. Half of those were withered ( probably from all the climbing he did ), his eyes teased over Mae who Gwen could see tried to control a smile. Mae's cheeks glinted slightly pink, embarrassed about her blunt fall.