chapter 16

=Bryan Dale POV=

   I saw as they drove away from me. I closed my swollen eyes. Why did Abigail have to ruin everything? I felt a tap on my shoulder, and as I turned around, I was instantly struck to the floor. I held my face and looked up to see Zoey angry.

"You fucking brat, what the fuck did she ever do to you for you to treat her that way? huh?!" She said, I look down in shame.

"All she wanted was your fucking love, but all you gave her was shit," she said. She looked back at Abigail, who had a smirk on her face.

"Oh honey, you have something on your face. Let me wipe it off," Zoey said before punching her in the face. The crowd around us erupted in oohs and ahhs.

"You fucking bitch!" Abigail screamed, holding her nose. She tried slapping Zoey, but Zoey was faster and got out of the way. she laughed.

"That's all you got? A little bitch slap? "Try harder," Zoey said, laughing. I got up and went in-between. I looked at Abigail.

"Baby, look what she did to me; she hurt me," she said, pouting at me. I laughed at her and said, "Baby my ass, get this in your thick skull; I don't want you anymore," I said. I turned around and grabbed Zoey's arm and dragged her to my car.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"I have to find Alex and apologize," I said, looking at her. She nodded her head and got in.

"I can't believe you said all of that," Zoey said, folding her bare arms around her. I can see her shiver.

So with one hand, I take my shirt off, still holding the steering wheel, and give it to her.

"What is this?" she asked, holding it up.

"Put it on," I said, looking forward.

"why?"

"Just put it on," I said, touching my left eye.

"That was a great kick, by the way," I said, touching my jaw and nose. She puts the shirt on, then

smiles at me.

"Thanks," she said. For a minute, we were quiet until she spoke again.

"Why did you do all that to Alex?" she asked. I thought of all of those bad things I did and told her I would stay quiet.

"You know when I found her, she was broken and hurt; she didn't have anyone at all," she said. I started to feel more guilt and pain.

"She was getting into drugs and drinking more, but I stopped her before she got addicted to it. She kept hurting herself, and I witnessed it all. She did all of that because of you, and I get that you're hurting, but you could've just talked to your family and

"Don't you think I know what I did? I've always hated myself because of what I did; every time I saw her hurt, my heart kept breaking, but me being the pussy I am, I decided to just take all my anger on her."

"Why her, why?"

"Because she was the closest to mom and she looks like mom, I couldn't stand seeing how similar she looked to mom, knowing that I was the one who killed mom. I took it out other," and tears were threatening to come out. I quickly park and cover my face.

"I wish I was the one who died; I heard her screaming and say her last words, all because of me." I choked out and started crying like the bitch I am. I heard movement but didn't bother to look. She then took both of my hands from my face and sat on my lap.

"I'm sorry, I bet that was hard to watch," she said, wiping away her tears. I gave her a small smile that turned into a sad one. She then hugged me. It took me by surprise, and snapping out of it, I hugged her, burying my face on her neck. She smelled like strawberries.

"I know it hurts, but you have to apologize to Alex; she's still hurt, you know," she said, breaking the hug but not moving. I looked at her and nodded.

"Thank you," she hugged me again and kissed my cheeks. I looked her in the eyes for a minute until we both started to lean in when I felt her lips hover over mine. My phone ping ruined the moment, and she got off my lap and sat on the seat. She looked out the window, but I saw the blush on her face. I smirked and took my phone to see the text message.

"Zack said that Alex is with him; go home; she's safe," I said. I sigh and look down at my hands.

"That's good, I'm going to text her when I get home. Oh sh*t, everyone's still at my house, let's go back."

"Hurry!" she said, and immediately I turned around.

"And how does he have your phone number?"

"I guess Alex told him?" I said surging. She nodded and leaned back. I just know that tomorrow I'm going to make things right; I want my sister back. I'm going to get her back, no matter what.

= Like and comment!