chapter 3

I quickly got dressed and went downstairs without waiting for Marcus. As I walked down Jake met me on the third floor.

"What is that jerk doing here? " I hissed through gritted teeth.

"He came with the Bolton's. Remember Mr. Charles Bolton is his uncle"

"But I thought he left for England to work in his father's company. "

"His mother came back to Bolton's after divorcing Mr. Maitland"

"They divorced?"

" Have you been living under a rock? " Jake face palmed.

Does face palming run in our family? Why the hell does everyone keep doing i? Brandon was my most hated Ex. He was a can of trash that doesn't deserve anyone's love.

My family and friends had warned me several times when I was dating him but I was naive enough to trust him.

I prayed to God several times wishing Brandon wouldn't cause any scene here.

"Hey guys!" Brandon greeted us as soon as the elevator opened. My mood soured seeing him standing in front of us with his messy blond hair. He was attractive I would say but now he just disgusts me.

"Be nice to him. We need the contract with Bolton's" Jake whispered in my ear.

"Be nice to him? Are you mad?" I whispered back.

"Uhmm- let's go get breakfast" Brandon said hesitantly giving us an awkward smile noticing our eye roll. Without another word we strode past him into the dinning hall. .

Chris Bolton, son of Mr.Charles Bolton and his sister Clara were already seated with Brandon's mother Lisa Bolton. The Harringtons, Smith Harrington and his wife Taylor were seated on the opposite side of the Boltons.

I sat next to Taylor along with my brother and Brandon sat next to Jake in disappointment.

"Good morning dear! Sorry Charles couldn't join us. He's in an online conference and will be joining us in the evening" Lisa gave us a big smile stretching almost to the ends of her face.

"Where's your husband Camilla? " Clara smirked.

" Who?"

Jake kicked me from under the table and I shrilled in pain earning looks from people around me.

"Uhm he was tired so I didn't want to bother him"

Actually I forgot all about him. He was a fake husband and my dad clearly said that I could divorce him after our group become steady. So I had no motive to take our relationship a step further.

"Oh good morning Marcus. Come here" Chris looked behind me an called out to Marcus,who was scowling to the point his face would split, to come and eat.

My eyes widened seeing him.

God Marcus is hot. A pure Adonis.

He was wearing a white shirt with beige pants. His disheveled hair almost covering his piercing green eyes. I stared at him for a while checking him out until he gave me an annoying glare. My cheeks reddened but thankfully he didn't notice it.

He sat at the head of the table as breakfast was being served.

" Hey Marcus you haven't changed since the last time I saw you. Last time was great"

Clara gave Marcus a huge smile and in return Marcus smiled.

What? He smiled? For her? That was surprising.

Last time was great, What the hell does that mean. Did they do it? Even though this was all fake I didn't want someone like Clara clinging onto him.