[23] Threat

Wrapped in bandages, you could only rest in bed as a pissed Killua murderously glared at you. 

"4 bone fractures! Now, do you see how stupid of an idea it was to fight him?!" He exclaimed, leaning closer to you with narrowed eyes.

Weakly, you let out a dull chuckle. "Yeah..." You mumbled, giving him a sheepish smile, yet it didn't have its usual brightness and energy. 

Killua raised an eyebrow at this. "Oi, what's got you so down all of a sudden?" He asked, poking you on the forehead.

"It's..." you pause, looking down at your bandaged body. "I'm sorry I lost."

"...Huh?! THAT'S what you're concerned about?!" He exclaimed, raking a hand through his silver hair in irritation. Slowly, he let out a deep, exasperated sigh, before taking a seat at the foot of your bed.

"You should really start questioning your priorities, (Y/N). Geez..." He lets out another sigh, before gazing at you directly with a serious frown. "Listen, I don't care whether you lost or not. All that matters is that you still got that idiotic head attached to your shoulders," he says, crossing his arms over his chest.

You gazed up at him, a stunned expression on your face. "But... I went as far as to ignore your warnings, and I even rejected your offer to train me! You have every right to care that I lost!" You exclaim, a bewildered expression clouding your features, before looking down dejectedly once more. "I... failed you..." you found yourself mumbling.

'Failed me?' Killua thought to himself, gazing at your dispirited form worriedly.

You took a deep breath. "I just... I wanted you to be proud of me. You and Wing-san put so much effort in training me, after all," you continued speaking.

Killua widened his eyes at this, as he remembered what you said the day you entered Heavens Arena.

"You–! Just you watch, Killua! I'm gonna make you proud of me one day!" 

"...You idiot," he mumbles, getting up from your bed and walking closer to you. He then crouched down to your eye level, giving you a piercing glare.

"Uh, Killua?" You stared at him, a small blush creeping at your cheeks.

"(Y/N)," he starts. "I'm already proud of you. I've always been proud of you, so stop sulking around with that annoying pout on your face. It doesn't suit you."

'Huh?' Your breath hitched, feeling your heartbeat getting louder and louder from the sound of his voice.

"W-Wait, Killua... you actually mean i–"

"You get it now? Great, 'cause I'm not saying that again," he says briskly, standing up and turning away to hide the growing blush on his cheeks. 

Despite everything I've done wrong... you're still proud?' You wanted to ask him, but instead, you found yourself smiling. "You always know just how to cheer me up. You're amazing, you know?" You beamed at him, your chest bursting with warmth.

He only blushed harder. "Y-Yeah..." 

_ _ _

It's been a couple of months, and your injuries have fully healed.

Walking through the halls of the 200th floor, you were about to turn a corner when you heard a familiar voice.

"Oh, (Y/N)! All healed up already?" A deep, velvety voice called.

'Sanguis!' You thought, whirling around to face him with an agitated frown.

He chuckled. "What's with that look? Don't tell me you're actually mad at me for injuring you? Or are you mad since I won the match?" he asks, stepping closer to you with an intrigued gaze.