Human Drills

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

"....that was painful"

Panting heavily, I got out of my puddle of blood from all the monkeys I had defeated. The rain that was pouring down heavily mixed with my bloody puddle and washed it away as I got to my knees only to fall back in. I had defeated all the monkeys but it took a while especially with my wounds. I let out a scream before picking myself up again. The rain had soaked my clothing but I was really thankful my bags would be fine. I limped over to a ruin before slumping against it and using my Haki. I headed in the direction to an even darker more gloomy castle before knocking on the door. My whole body was in pain and it didn't help that my mind still felt heavy.

The first face I saw was Perona who screamed at how bloody I was but I apologized before reaching in my bag and giving her a container of sweets. I stepped inside. She floated around me as she asked if I needed help. I inquired about Mihawk's whereabouts and he was out training Zoro right now so I asked her if I could clean and bandage myself up. She was leading me to one of the bathrooms but the doors bursted open. In stepped Mihawk.

"How did you get here?" Mihawk asked calmly

"I used Observation Haki, sorry for the bloody floor. I'll clean it up." I said

"You were using Observation Haki from where?" Mihawk asked

"Uhm, somewhere between Marineford and the Kuja Island." I answered

"You had no trouble getting here?"

"It was very hard to find you but as I said, I used my Haki to find you."

"That's quite the large range. To not run into any Marines or Sea Kings.. You certainly know how to make things interesting in and out of the battlefield. What brings you here?" Mihawk inquired.

"I want to get stronger." I stated

"Go home." Mihawk said.

"I want to get stronger for my captain and everyone else! My nakama aren't the best at combat so I want to be able to protect them no matter what it costs! I've already lost two people, I don't want to lose anymore!" I raised my voice.

I got on the ground and got on my knees as I begged Mihawk to take me in as his student. The blood underneath me already pooling again but I remained in that position as long as I could before I collapsed there. I wanted to protect my friends and if I couldn't do that then I would rather die. I would swallow my pride for them. I could hear Perona's worried voice as I passed out from my wounds reopening.

Third P.O.V

"What do we do?! He's bleeding! How bad were his wounds?!" Perona worriedly asked.

Perona quickly went to the person in his own pool of blood before taking off his shirt. There were severe wounds. A massive wound on his left side had opened up that was burnt by Akainu. His body wasn't covered in a lot of scratches but they were bleeding out heavily from how deep they were. It looked like he had taken a lot of punches. His body was covered in a heavy amount of bruises ranging from purple to blue and yellow. The back of his body was only covered in bruises from being thrown into walls. The scar on his side was the scariest to Perona with how much it was bleeding.

"Oi! Who beat up all the human drills outside?!" Zoro yelled

Zoro had been trying to train with the human drills but they were all defeated and scared from whoever beat them up. He thought Mihawk for some odd reason had trained them but upon entering the castle, he saw (M/N) in his own blood and before Zoro could move and put two together, Mihawk had picked up (M/N) up from the floor despite how bloody it was. Mihawk elegantly walked into one of the rooms with Perona following and Zoro wandering behind him as Perona offered to bandage him up.

(M/N) was placed on the bed by Mihawk. Somehow, the person woke up during Perona's panic over how his injuries. He calmly asked for a medical kit before getting to work on himself with Perona helping out a bit by stopping the bleeding while Zoro watched in disbelief. Even Mihawk was slightly surprised at how casually (M/N) was bandaging himself as if he hadn't just went to war and fought the Human drills instead he acted as if he had a cut. Then, (M/N) apologised rather calmly about the floor and promised to clean it up as soon as possible which made Perona panic as she reassured him that it was alright.

"So Mihawk will you take me in as your student? I kind of passed out earlier before I heard you answer. Again, sorry about that" (M/N) asked

"Your training begins when you're healed, for now rest." Mihawk stated leaving the room.

"Thank you!" (M/N) smiled brightly

After all the commotion settled down, Zoro was still in disbelief that the Human drills had been beaten so fast while Mihawk drank his wine. Zoro also wasn't allowed wine due to his injuries. Happily, Perona was eating sweets in the kitchen from the container that (M/N) had given her. Zoro eyed the sweet treats from the corner of his eye before demanding one only for Perona to fly away with the whole container. She refused to even share with Mihawk. She was a blushing mess that someone as cute as (M/N) had given them to her. In the room that Mihawk had brought (M/N) to, there he was resting after he changed the sheets and cleaned the floor.

Eventually, everyone retired for the night with Zoro going to sleep early followed by Perona. Mihawk swirled his red wine before walking to the (H/C) person's room. He was slightly unnerved yet relieved when (M/N) actually cleaned the floor. Mihawk thought back to the war and how well the other had fought. He still took down all the people in his way with a wooden sword. Mihawk's hand traced the doorknob lightly, contemplating if he should talk to him.

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

"I know you're there, Mihawk" I called out.

The door opened and in came Mihawk, his eyes baring down into mine as I closed my eyes. I could still tell where Mihawk was due to my Haki. I could also tell that Zoro still couldn't find his own bedroom which I told Mihawk before laughing at that. I was met with silence so I checked where Perona was and I was glad she was able to find her room unlike Zoro. My eyes fluttered open as I moved to grab the my sweet bag next to the bed. I pulled out a container and a red wine bottle before leaving on the bedside table for Mihawk.

"I went against you and even blocked your path yet you still choose to train under me."

"Yeah, a bit of a jerk move on your part but it's your job as Warlord so I won't give you too much crap about it." I remarked

"You seem off" He stated

"I haven't seen you in a long time Hawkeye jerk aside from battle." I said

My head rested against the headboard as I relaxed. Mihawk chose not to question me further and left the room. I could tell that he had retired to his own room. I tried to sleep but all I could think about was Ace. My dreams were filled with old memories of Ace as I cried that night. I missed him and Whitebeard with Whitebeard acting as a father while Ace was someone I loved. My heart hurt and it ached. Finally, sleep embraced me and I rested.

A/N: I wanted to show the trauma that (M/N) is still going through. He's going to have nightmares when he sleeps alone and attacks. Fun fact, Rayleigh might be an overprotective father. Second fun fact, Mihawk originally was going to treat (M/N)'s wounds even when Perona insisted. Thanks for reading! Next chapter will be a lot more light-hearted.

 Thanks for reading! Next chapter will be a lot more light-hearted