Chapter 59: LYNN

If it all goes wrong, darling, just hold on.

Last night when I was sleeping I heard commotion outside my bedroom door. I quickly jumped out of my bed rushing to the door wearing my slippers.

"Quick! Take her to the ward," someone shouted.

What is happening? I rushed outside to see mom and dad rushing behind someone on an stretcher. George following suit. What is happening? Where is Laura.

"George!" I shouted as I ran up to his side.

"What are you doing here Lynn?" he asked me.

"Listen you go inside to your room please," he said getting on his knees so I am on his eye level.

"No I won't you guys never tell me anything," I said tearing I wanted to argue but I couldn't do it without crying.

"Okay come lets sit," he said steering me so that I can sit on the seats. I didn't even notice that in this hurry I walked so much without any wheelchair! I could walk, I could run!

"Promise you wouldn't be sad,"

"WHAT IS THE MATTER!?" I shouted at him.

"Lynn promise please," he said again not even flinching on my sudden outburst.

"Promise." I said wiping my tears furiously from my gown's sleeve.

"It's Laura," he said quietly.

"What about her George," I asked through gritted teeth. Honestly he is testing my patience.

"She-she couldn't breathe" he said his voice breaking.

"What."

No no no this couldn't be happening. I told them to take my help. Please don't let her die. God please send help.

"Lynn," George shook me snapping me back to reality.

"Huh?" I asked my brain fuzzy.

"It's okay," he got up to hug me and I cried into his shoulder holding on to him for support.

Please god save her.

...

Right now I am sitting beside her. She is looking so peaceful. Sleeping.

"It's okay," I told her even though she couldn't hear me.

Laura is supposed to wake up in an hour. Then everything would be fine. She would be alright. Both of us at peace. Both of us pain free.

...

"Mom?" Laura opened her eyes slowly as all of us clapped that she woke up.

She smiled a little smile.

"Water," she requested.

I poured her a glass from the bed side table and handed it to her.

"What happened?" she asked.

"You just couldn't breathe." The doctor said. "But you are going to be all right very soon," the doctor said. He couldn't help but smile a little.

"Why?" she asked oblivious of everything.

"Your younger sister is donating her heart to you," he said as I smiled at Laura. We just took the test today and it turns out that I am the closest match there is and the cancer is slowly killing me anyway.

"What? No no Mom, Dad," she said looking towards them.

"Lynn is very brave Laura," mom said putting a hand over my shoulder and ahand over Laura's.  Pride audible in her voice.

"But she can't just... go," she pleaded.

"I'll let you have a moment," the doctor said as he exited the room, our parents following him.

"Lynn please don't do this," she said tears streaming down her face. I wiped them off my own hands.

"Laura but it is the only way," I said my voice calm.

"I can't lose everything," she said tears still streaming down her face.

"If you are feeling like that you are losing everything, remember the trees lose their leaves every year but they still stand tall and wait for better days to come," I said tears pooling my eyes as we both collided in a tearful hug.

This was torture for me to write. 

I am sorry

Vote, Follow, Add and COMMENT! :)