11 | saviour in shining armour

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

     The increase of the beating of her heart in this very moment had nothing — nothing — to do with Cassius Warrington's grimace, as he stared at the face that belonged to the red haired back of Samira's saviour's head. Was this really happening? Had George Weasley thrown himself between Samira and her harasser? By Merlin, this was better than any dream she ever had! The start of a teenage romance, just as it was written in the novels Nora was so in love with and that Samira couldn't even stand, but right now she was thrilled by this cliché of a scene.

     "Nobody has invited you, Weasley", Warrington hissed. "What are you even doing out here? Haven't you been busy trying to get your date drunk?"

     "My date is perfectly capable of getting herself drunk, no need to worry", George snorted. "Your date on the other hand is an unarmed girl that has told you no in a way so clear, even your dimwit brain should be able to understand."

     "She's just acting dramatic, that's what Diggory knows best", Warrington replied, and through the fluttering of a million butterflies in her tummy, Samira felt an anger starting to boil. "Drama all the way, but in the end, she'll land on every dic—"

     George threw a glance over his shoulder, where Samira stood with narrowed eyebrows, her arms crossed in front of her heaving chest.

     "Doesn't really look that turned on by you, and if you ask me. And don't you think I noticed, that she tried to get away from you the whole night?" George turned back at Warrington. "I had a guess you were up to something, when you followed her outside. And here we are."

     Oh Lord, he had actually paid attention to Samira. Her tummy was practicing back flips.

     "Piss off, Weasley", Warrington spat.

     "Ah, why don't we ask the fair lady, who of us it is she wants to piss off, Cassie?"

     He stepped aside, so Samira could look Warrington straight in the face, as she said in a small voice she hated herself for, "I want you to leave, Cassius. And I want you to leave me alone from now on." She swallowed thickly. "I want George to stay."

     "We're not done yet", Warrington hissed in a dangerous low voice, but to Samira's surprise, he walked away. Then she noticed the wand in George's grip.

     "Thank you", she said, straightening her back. "I — I didn't think I would need this tonight. The wand, I mean. Left it in my dorm. It was rather a bad idea." 

     "After defeating a dragon, I would have expected you to slay this git with your bare hands, lady", George sniggered, shoving his wand back into his outworn dress robe. Even in this washed out piece of cloth, he was looking like a young god. "But never mind, I guess I will see you slay things in February?"

     "Uh — what? Oh ... Yeah, I — I definitely will." Samira chuckled nervously. What was it with this guy that was stealing all her wit and charm, whenever he was around?

     "C'mon, I'll bring you back to your friends, then you can finally call it a night", he then said, and Samira's stomach dropped.

     "You don't need to, I'll find them on my own", she muttered. "Katie's for sure already wondering where you are."

     He started laughing, leaving Samira startled. "I don't think so, she's dancing circles around one of the Mister Bouillabaisse in the Great Hall." As he noticed the confused expression on her face, he added with a grin, "Katie and I are here as friends. I can recommend this to you. Coming to such kind of parties with friends, instead of slimy prats, I mean."

     "Seems like you're way smarter than me, Mr. Weasley", Samira chuckled, and her heart was feeling a lot more light weighted.

     "Then I presume you to listen to the smart man and come inside with me, I'm freezing my ass off, and I'm wearing double as much cloth as you do."

     With burning cheeks, as she noticed George Weasley's eyes wandering down her body, Samira then followed him a second later, their paths parting on the dancefloor. But George Weasley had saved her from the bad guy, and maybe this evening wasn't as doomed as she had predicted it to be.

     Samira didn't look out for her friends in the crowd; for sure they were already dancing with someone else. She headed straight for the entrance hall, her thoughts all caught up in the passed moment, her heart fluttering, and the butterflies for sure would make her fly back into her common room, if they wouldn't stop soon.

     Lost in her dreams, Samira bumped against someone and stumbled back.

     "Oi, I am so sorry, I didn't look where I was going — Harry?"

     Harry has landed on the floor, looking up at her dazzled. "Wasn't your fault, I haven't looked out either", he groaned, taking Samira's outstretched hand and let her help him back to his feet. "Well, goodnight then."

    He was already halfway up the stairs, when Samira remembered, what Moody had told her. "Harry, wait!" She ran after him, until she caught up. "The egg ... Is yours screaming bloody murder as well?" Harry nodded, looking at her in anticipation. "Okay, I owe you one, as you helped me with the dragons. I met Moody earlier that night, and he — I guess he gave me a hint. He told me to kinda ... open it under water. At least I think that's what he was about to tell me. Don't tell anyone about it, Ced's going to kill me, but you can use the prefects' bathroom on second floor. The password is pine fresh."

     "Are you sure?", Harry asked, cocking an eyebrow.

     "Absolutely not", Samira laughed, "but it's the only guess we have so far. Let's best give it a try, huh?"

     "Thank you, Samira, I —"

     "Never mind. You scratch my back, I scratch yours." She winked at him, before she wished him goodnight and finally went back into her common room, falling into one of the empty armchairs by the fireside.

     Oh what a night!

•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

please consider to vote / comment on the story to support its success

please consider to vote / comment on the story to support its success. <3