Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Three Brave Women 

I tilted my head up, letting the cold drops of water from the shower fall on my face down to my body. 

I shivered as the water began reaching every corner of my body but still, it wasn’t enough to wash away the warmth of Ciel’s body and his intoxicating scent lingering on mine. 

He wasn’t here by presence but I can still feel him everywhere. In every corner of this place and in every corner of my body. 

Mas lalo akong napapikit nang rumihestro na naman ang mukha niya sa utak ko. His face was the first incredible thing that I saw this morning when I woke up, his arms perfectly fit with every curve of my waist. He was holding me so tight, feeling the movement of his chest against mine as he breathed. 

I’ve never slept that good in my whole life. It was perfect, it was something spectacular, a moment that you will never trade for nothing… and I hated it. I hate how it feels perfect and spectacular to be caged in the arms of the man who hurt me. 

I shouldn’t be enjoying being under his presence or touch because everything that involves him was just too much. And I don’t want to be drowned with a guy who makes me feel too much because when it all gets messed up… it would hurt too much. 

That is why Ciel Alfieri is a big no. He was like the Cornelia Street that I’ve sworn to never walk again. Like a Pandora’s box that I would never dare open. 

That’s why I carefully slipped out from his embrace, picked my things and rushed my way back to my place like a damn scared puppy, leaving him while he was sleeping peacefully. 

I clenched my jaw, trying to swallow the curse I wanted to hiss under my breath. 

Binilisan ko na lamang ang pagligo ko. It was my day off today and I’ve decided to come home and visit my Mom then I’d go to the charity to visit the kids. 

I glanced at my car’s digital clock, it was just nine o’clock and on my way to my parents’ house. A Tatiana Manaois’ song is banging in my car and sometimes I would sing to it but then I’d realize that I sound like an alpaca who hurt itself, so, I’d just stop. I don’t want to ruin my own mood. 

But I can’t really deny the fact how talented Tatiana is. I really adore how she can write songs about love, God, self-love, and girl power using different kinds of genre. And it’s kind of pissing me off because despite how talented and amazing her songs are, she’s still underrated. 

People always say “Stan talent” and go sleep on those artists who are talented. Some of your friends would share posts on facebook about supporting a friend who creates art and then ignore the arts that were created by their friends and support what’s in and what’s popular. 

I seriously cannot stand how hypocrite people are sometimes. Why can’t everyone just get what they deserve? Bakit kailangang may mas angat? Bakit kailangang may mas sikat? Can’t all artists just be treated fair and square? Pare-parehas lang naman silang nag e-effort at nagsa-sakripisyo. Maybe if we were all treated fair and square then there would be no jealousy or envy. Because in my opinion, inequality is what attracts those two dangerous emotions. 

I don’t want the world,

I don’t care about the fame or the power

I’m just a little girl,

Who wants to wake up to a kiss and flowers...

Natigilan ako nang biglang mag play ang Old Fashioned Love na kanta ni Tatiana. It was as if the woman heard my thoughts and now she’s talking to me.