Chapter 29

" Like that night, Wasn't wrong, wasn't right, yeahWhat a thing to be human, Made her more of a womanOf course she was sadBut now she's glad she dodged a bulletTook a few years to soak up the tearsBut look at her now, watch her go " 

What a thing to be human, Made her more of a woman
Of course she was sad
But now she's glad she dodged a bullet
Took a few years to soak up the tears
But look at her now, watch her go " 

" Like that night, Wasn't wrong, wasn't right, yeahWhat a thing to be human, Made her more of a womanOf course she was sadBut now she's glad she dodged a bulletTook a few years to soak up the tearsBut look at her now, watch her go " 

Brielle's POV 

" ... You told her what?... " I seethed towards Eugene, and he did his best not to look at me. I went to stand, but I felt Killian push me back down slightly by my waist. Thankfully, he was beside me because if he weren't, I would have surely jumped over the table.

" Eugene! " I yelled, and he glared at me.

" Our mother did nothing but leave us with our father and insane stepmother. Excuse me for not being so forgiving- "

" You know why Eugene. You know she had no choice. They threatened her. " I said as I forcefully held back my tears. Killian pushed my hair over my shoulder as his other hand rubbed my palm. He was doing his best to calm me down, but it was getting progressively harder not to kill Eugene.

" Brielle.. she's dead to me. She left us, and here you are, accepting her with open arms. " He said not budging, and I took a deep breath.

" You're right. I accepted her with open arms many years ago because she explained herself and her reasons for what she did. "

" You accepted her easily because you're naive, Brielle. " He said finished his sentence, and the entire table went silent. His face held no remorse, and I felt a tear finally fall out of my eyes. Out of rage, I pushed my seat back, and Killian looked over to me questioningly, but he quickly stood up and held my shoulders to keep me from moving as I made my way over to Eugene.

" Brielle, sweetheart, let's get some fresh air- " Killian said, and I struggled in his arms as the urge to beat the absolute shit out of my brother grew.

" Let me go! He doesn't deserve to be here. He never spends any time with me, but the night he does, he finds a way to disrespect my mother and humiliate me! " A small sob raked my chest, and I could finally see some emotion in Eugene's eyes, but he looked away from me. I stopped struggling and ripped myself from Killian's hold as I went to the exit of the restaurant.