𝗂𝖼𝖾 𝗌𝗄𝖺𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀

guess who's back? sorry it's been so long  
♪float on- the modest mouse 

thank you for 4 & 5k reads!

request for crankgames

y/n~ your name

s/s~ (your) shoe size

f/n~ friend's name

c/n~ crush's name

♡︎

"But F/N I don't want to go! Do I really have too?"

F/N huffed and deftly snatched my phone out of my hands, quickly typing a reply to C/N's text. I had been ignoring it for a few hours now as the text had been an invitation to go ice skating with him tomorrow. 

"And...done! Suck it up Y/N you're going, ok? You just can't miss this opportunity."

"Uhhh I hate you so much!" 

I buried my head in my pillow in anger as F/N playfully whacked me across the head. It's not that I didn't want to go, I just couldn't  for I can't ice skate for my life. 

"Stop whining! You'll be fine I tell you! Now I'm leaving so see you tomorrow- after your date!"

"Huh? Wait F/N-"

Before I could even reply she gave me a last grin and shut my bedroom door, leaving me to wallow in my own sadness but yet excitement? 

My phone lit up and I picked it up to see another text from C/N.

C/N 🥺💕

ok! i'll cya tmr 

Tomorrow. Let's just hope I don't embarrass myself.

~The next day~

"Y/N! You're here!"

C/N was waving at me cheerfully from one of the benches over by the station where you would get your skates, looking as if he was stress free and not at all tired. I, on the other hand, had had no sleep last night and was so incredibly nervous I wanted to throw up.

"H-hey!" I replied, forcing out a smile as I collapsed down next to him.

"I already got your skates- you're a size S/S right?"

I nodded and C/N handed them over to me. He already had his on and was watching me with a rather amused expression on his face as I struggled to do the straps. After a few minutes, I managed to finally get them on and breathed a huge sigh of relief. But boy was there a lot more to come...

"Ok lets go!" 

C/N stood up and started to make his way towards the ice rink. I followed suit, my nerves increasing with every step I took. As much as I wanted to be here with him, I just couldn't ice skate and I would most definitely embarrass myself- in front of the person I didn't want to the most.

"Um C/N can we-aah!"

I stumbled and grabbed onto his shirt, pulling me back with him to his surprise as we almost crashed onto the floor. C/N had gripped onto the wall and was supporting me with his other arm, his eyes full of alarm as the people around us just stared.

"Are you ok?" He asked nervously, pulling me upright so I was standing straight again. "Did you hurt yourself anywhere?"

"No...I'm alright. I just hurt my pride..."

"Huh? Did you say something? God I knew this was a bad idea-"

"No, no! I promise you C/N I'm ok! Please don't worry about me."

C/N gave me a wary nod and gently grabbed onto my wrist, lightly dragging me to the edge of the rink.

"I can't have you almost falling over again, that's for sure." He stated, stepping onto the rink itself and beckoning for me to come join him. 

Fear started to set in and I automatically took a step back to C/N's surprise. His expression changed as he started to understand the truth and he stepped back out of the rink and turned to face me, his eyes full of concern.

"You don't like ice skating do you? Hell you're probably even scared of it! It's all my fault. I planned this without consulting you first and I'm...sorry."

I genuinely smiled and placed a hand on his shoulder, guiding him back towards the edge of the rink.

"I know how excited you were...so go. I'll be here watching!" I encouraged. 

C/N tilted his head at me and without warning pulled me onto the ice rink with him. I let out a gasp and stumbled, C/N steadying me with both hands. He met my gaze with a soft smile, making my nerves slightly fade away.

"I'm teaching you then."

He took hold of one of my hands and gently guided me around the rink, his steady hold resulting in me never once stumbling even though my actual skating was shit. It was kinda...fun when I could somewhat do it.

"If you let go I'm gonna kill you." I said after our second lap around the rink. 

C/N responded with a grin and slightly loosened his hold on my hand, my eyes widening in shock as I looked down at the cold ice, just itching for me to fall onto.

"C/N you-"

C/N grabbed my hand even tighter as we neatly came to a stop at the far corner of the rink, watching other couples and children skate around, completely immersed in their own conversations. 

"You should really learn to trust me." He laughed. He blew onto his hands, both of our cheeks being very pink indicating that it was so very cold. It was so strange to me that it was boiling hot outside.

"Wanna go back? I saw some great burgers being advertised when I came in."

My knees buckled underneath me as I accidentally loosened my hold on the side of the rink, breathing out in relief as I managed to steady myself in time.

"Hey, you're getting better! You're not even holding onto the side anymore."

I looked down in surprise to find myself standing with no problem on the ice, my arms only slightly wavering by my sides. 

"Oh wow- you must be a good teacher then this is so weird."

C/N smirked at me and started to skate away, laughing as I almost fall flat on my face as I tried to follow him.

"I think you still need some more practise though." 

"Oh shut up." I replied, sticking my tongue out at him. 

"Now come on. I want burgers."

♡︎

this is so bad i'm so sorry crankgames

~peachy x 

(1051 words)

(Edited 09/07/20)