Ch41 - The Battle (West)

Updated! Enjoy~

*****************************
The West Side

"Uwaah~, I'm nervous as heck."

Yukari muttered out. She was looking into the distance as if trying to escape from reality. She knew that she had to face it sooner or later since she was a hero. Despite that, somewhere in her heart, she still wished that she had never had to kill. Of course, she had experienced killing monsters back on Earth since there was danger whenever she was venturing the mountain or forest where she had to kill but she did not like the feeling at all.

Catherina who was standing nearby, talked to her out of worry. Even Catherina who went into a battlefield like going into a town was feeling a bit nervous when she was waiting for the monsters.

"Yukari, are you feeling nervous?"

"Yup, I'm nervous."

Yukari was honest to her. She had no particular reason to lie after all. Although her face was smiling, yukari was actually trying to hold her feelings inside her. She was not scared of killing, but she was scared of making mistakes. She was frightened of the fact that her mistakes could cause any of them to die including herself even though she knew they were strong enough to protect themselves.

"Well, I don't have any advice for that but I can't say you should relax too...."

"Wow, that really helps...."

Catherina, who was called a goddess of war did not have any words to console Yukari since she herself participated in wars without any advices and experienced the atmosphere of them directly. She had fought like there was no tomorrow and lost comrades along the way. However, if she had to say something to a beginner in war, she had no words at all.

Yukari unintentionally retorted sarcastically at her words since she could not be said as calm at all. Nevertheless, neither Catherina nor Yukari minded it much since both of them knew that feeling very well.

As a result, both of them gone quiet like there was nothing to be said at all. None of them had any words to say. The atmosphere turned awkward.

Unable to watch anymore, Reinhardt saved them from the silence by opening up a conversation. His face was wryly smiling as he spoke. Since her awkward sister was amusing to watch, he held in his laughter and chuckled lightly.

"Yukari, when the monsters come, do you want to have the first attack?"

"Ah, um. I don't really know if I'm suitable for that job."

"No need to worry, it's just like a sign of starting. Whether your attack is effective or not, it doesn't matter."

What Reinhardt was trying to say was for Yukari to cast a magic as the beginning sign. Reinhardt did not expect her to use some extravagant spell since he did not want her to overuse her Mana early on.

"If it's just that, then I'll do my best."

Yukari increased her motivation when Reinhardt said it like that. Yukari was a person who like it better if people did not expect anything from her. She was like that, a person who think in reverse. Some might think that it was sad but Yukari was like that.

"Report, the other sides were engaging with the enemies!"

A soldier came to report to Catherina, the commander of the west side. Catherina's eyes narrowed as she heard the information. Her aura became fiercer.

"It's time to get ready. Yukari, prepare your spell. Fire it the moment you think it's suitable. At that moment, I will begin the war."

"O-oh, I understand..."