𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 || 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲 𝐩𝐭.𝟐

✯♛✯

𝐅𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚 deep breath at the sight of the two blonde kooks in front of her. Topper and Rafe both held golf clubs, approaching Pope and herself, both boys basically glaring holes into the two. Francine knew something like this was bound to happen, nothing seemed to go perfectly her way. Sure, Pope had forgiven her but that might go all down the drain if Rafe or Topper ever mentioned anything around her mother.

Rafe continued to stalk towards the two but Topper looked a little hesitant, kind of like he didn't want to do anything his friend was doing. Francine noticed that and couldn't help but narrow her eyes suspiciously, usually, Topper would be all for harassing pogues. The older boy spun his golf club around a little as he let out a small laugh, "There had to be a reason you rejected Nate last night, and me, for that matter. You were screwing a pogue all along, I should've known. Good job bud, I've been trying for two years."

Francine spun on her heel so she was fully facing Rafe, anger swirling inside her. He knew she wasn't anything like that, he just wanted to get under her skin, this was how the boy usually acted around his friends, and most times it never bothered her but this comment really set her off. She set her eyes into a glare, Rafe's smirk just growing smugger as he knew he really hit a nerve with the girl. Francine could see Topper behind the boy shaking his head slightly as he spoke quietly to him. Rafe didn't listen to whatever his fellow blonde was saying, shaking his head with a firm 'no' as he brushed Topper's hand off.

A few seconds later, Pope tried to lunge at the two kooks, Francine holding him back. She knew how the fight would end and since they were on Figure Eight, kook territory, the pogue would be getting blamed for everything. Rafe and Topper also liked to play dirty, while Pope had nothing to defend himself with but grocery bags, the other two boys had golf clubs. Which they would surely use if they wanted. Francine had just mended her friendship with Pope and she didn't want him getting hurt because of a stupid comment Rafe made, the blonde was just trying to get under their skin and she'd be damned if the boy got what he wanted.

Pope kept fighting against Francine but she kept shoving him backward, shooting him scolding looks, not wanting a fight to break out. "Hey, calm down, it's okay."

"You're just gonna let him talk like that?" Pope asked incredulously as he stopped struggling for a second, not understanding how calm she could be in this situation. He was usually the one trying to stop fights, but when it came to disrespectful comments like Rafe's, he couldn't help himself.

"He's like a stray puppy, if you ignore him he'll go away," Francine whispered to Pope, trying to make him let it be so he wouldn't get hurt.

Pope nodded at her words, they weren't sure how to escape Rafe and Topper. Francine racked her brain for a solution, her eyes finding the grocery bags they had placed onto the ground. She pursed her lips, looking at Pope, subtly nodding her head to the bags. She knew a way around the golf course to get to the main building so they could avoid the kooks. The boy nodded as they grabbed the bags, trying to make a run for it, but Rafe let out a bitter chuckle. Francine's breath caught in her throat as she felt the cold metal of a golf club touch her cheek. The blonde shook his head, holding the club in place, if it was any other person, she wouldn't be scared, but this was Rafe. He would try anything. She froze in her steps, turning her gaze to the boy who was standing to her left, now moving in front of her, making sure the golf club stayed on her face.

"Got nothing to say now?" Rafe grinned menacingly, narrowing his eyes at the girl, a dangerous glint in them. His words made Francine glare at him, her face went from slightly fearful to sour at his words. She wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of scaring her, no matter how much he actually did.