TEN

The weekend came faster than expected. On Saturday, Dasom picked Chansol up so that Jeongguk had some free time. 

In the morning he visited his parents and he spent the afternoon with Hoseok who was eager to know how his second week of work went by.

Dasom offered to let Chansol sleep at hers because Jeongguk basically doesn't have to look after him on the weekends. But Jeongguk told her that she could bring him over for the night since he doesn't mind having him here during the nights. 

So they agreed on the baby staying at his grandparents' during the day and that Chansol would spend the night at home.

Today is sunday and Jeongguk doesn't have any specific plans. It's 10:30 in the morning and he decides to cook a great meal for Taehyung and himself. 

Everyday of the week, the elder waited for Jeongguk to come down after putting Chansol to bed, so that the two could eat dinner together.

They didn't talk too much during that time, as Taehyung was tired and overall really overworked (but Jeongguk didn't want to talk to him about it, thinking about the last time he tried to help Taehyung) and nearly fell asleep while eating but the few words that they exchanged were enough for both of them.

It were mostly things like "How are you?" and "How was your day?", but it helped them to get to know each other better.

Additionally, they both liked the feeling of being able to talk to someone after a long, exhausting day.

Jeongguk hopes that they could talk a little more since Taehyung doesn't have work today and is probably not as tired as usual. 

The door of the bathroom is opened and a little while later a fresh-showered Taehyung enters the kitchen. 

"Watcha doing?" Jeongguk turns around, sending the other a smile. "I'm making us lunch.", he answers, turning back again and continuing his work.

Taehyung clears his throat before asking awkwardly, "Can I help you?"

Jeongguk's taken aback by his sudden suggestion, not quite sure if he's heard that correctly.

As the other doesn't say anything further, obviously waiting for an answer, Jeongguk regains his posture and nods his head.

"Yeah, uhm you could cut the vegetables over there ." He points at the veggies lying on the kitchen table. 

"Okay.", Taehyung says, getting himself a cutting board. He places it beside Jeongguk and starts to cut a carrot. Jeongguk feels himself getting nervous, being so close to the elder. 

He can even smell Taehyung's cologne mixed with his own, manly smell.

Jeongguk feels his cheek heating up, hoping the other doesn't decide to look at him suddenly. 

Jeogguk doesn't even know why he reacts like that. They don't even know each other for too long.

Nevertheless, there's something special about Taehyung. Jeongguk just doesn't know what exactly it is yet. 

After working in silence for a while, Taehyung clears his throat. "You know, I wanted to thank you. You do your job really well and I like eating with you in the evening. I kinda missed talking to someone after work.", Taehyung speaks softly.

Jeongguk smiles to himself. He feels happy, hearing the other praise him. "You don't have to thank me, it's alright. And I also am glad to be able to talk with somebody, it's fun."

Jeongguk sees Taehyung nodding beside him. "Yeah, it really is."

After this short conversation they both become silent again. Nothing can be heard except of Taehyung cutting and Jeongguk frying the meat. 

"Can I put some music on?", Taehyung asks suddenly, sending Jeongguk a questioning look.

"Of course, I don't mind.", the latter responds while flipping the meat inside the pan. 

Taehyung stops cutting and, wipes his hands and takes out his phone. "What do you wanna hear?" 

Jeongguk shrugs, "Just choose something you like, I don't have a specific preference in music, I listen to nearly everything."

Seconds later, the melody of a song Jeongguk doesn't know, can be heard in the kitchen.

Taehyung places his phone on the table, going back to cutting the vegetables. 

He starts humming along to the song and his deep voice sends shivers down Jeongguk's spine. He gets goosebumps all over his body and he just hopes the other doesn't see it.

You're embarrassing as hell, what's wrong with you?, Jeongguk asks himself. 

He couldn't even say that he's cold if Taehyung notices his goosebumps as he stands directly beside the warm oven. But to his luck, the elder doesn't seem to notice. 

Jeongguk looks at him and notices Taehyung's changed expression immediately. The elder doesn't have his usual lifeless look in his eyes, he doesn't look sad.

He doesn't seem happy either but right at this moment, the grief and sadness that's normally written all over his face isn't there.

Jeongguk cracks a smile. If he had known before that slicing vegetables could wash the pain from Taehyung's face - even it's just for a few minutes - he would have let him do that earlier. 

Suddenly, Jeongguk feels content. He finally has accomplished something he wanted to reach since the start of his work here.

He wanted to distract the other from his sad thoughts and for the first time since he's here, he feels like he succeeded.