32 | Personal

If you like the photo, it's @muaasap who found it. Such summer camp lake house vibes. 

Chapter 32: Personal

Luke and I arrived back to his home after dinner, exhausted. It was dark outside, and the warm glow of his living room was an inviting cove.

His fingers were in my hair the moment we stepped across the threshold. 

Our arms were wrapped around each other and our kiss was hungry. Our legs intertwined as we took unsteady steps into the entrance of his house.

I find myself so uncontrollably attracted to him. 

He ran his hand through my hair, gently tugging it and pulling me closer to him. The feeling of his fingers sent shivers through my spine. His touch was soft but when I leaned against him, his hold was strong. 

I wrapped my arms tighter around his neck and kissed him deeply. It felt like ages ago since we were last alone together.

He raised me into the air, and I accidentally knocked over a flowerpot. But he caught it with his right hand, his reflexes coming into play, and set it down away from me before returning to kissing me.

"Ahem," a voice interrupted us.

Annika was sitting cross legged on the couch, playing a game of cards with Jake. 

The living room door was wide open, making this a very awkward moment. 

They'd been watching us, shocked by our unexpected entrance and wild behavior. They looked so cozy too, with surround sound speakers emitting calm music in the background and scented candles lit around them. 

We really just barged into their sanctuary, furiously making out. 

"Have you guys been here all evening?" Luke asked them, gently lowering me as I untangled myself from him. 

He was buying me time to collect myself. 

When he asked that question, I could hear a touch of envy in his voice. While they've been here sipping their wine in peace, we've been battling dramas like a game of whac-a-mole.

Annika fanned herself, "Well that was hot. I almost feel guilty for interrupting."

Annika's red hair was pulled into a bun over her head and she was wearing a baggy white t-shirt.

"Really? Because I feel sick," Jake muttered, "Watching my brother make out is not something I ever want to do again."

Annika waved us over, "We didn't know where you went. We came back from the lake house and you weren't at home. Come join us! I'll pour you a dop."

Luke's arm slid down my back as we walked towards them, playfully tickling my skin. He wasn't ready to fully let go.

Annika reached forward and took the bottle of wine from the coffee table. She waved it in the air invitingly and, suddenly, hid it behind her back.

A parent must have walked in.

Both Luke and I turned around, our shoulders brushing as we did. Sure enough, we came face to face with Mr Dawson.

"I told you we needed to talk when you got back from the lake house," he said to his son, "You've been gone all evening."

He didn't even acknowledge the rest of us.

"You need to sign the LOI," Mr Dawson reminded him.

As if Luke had forgotten.

Luke had spent all afternoon with Chris, talking about their futures over a friendly game of basketball. What do they want in life?