#61 So you met my mom?

I woke up at four O'clock in the morning laying on top of my duvet, wearing yesterday's clothes and clutching my phone in my hand which still hadn't received a reply from Liam

I woke up at four O'clock in the morning laying on top of my duvet, wearing yesterday's clothes and clutching my phone in my hand which still hadn't received a reply from Liam. My mind debated going over to his house and confronting him but I told him I wouldn't do that again. I could text him when I was outside though and maybe he would come out. I listened outside my parents door for a while until I was fully satisfied with the level of snoring radiating from there. When I knew I was good to go I tiptoed down the stairs and out of the back door. 

I don't know what made me do it but I looked up at the treehouse and noticed the small light coming from inside. Liam. Climbing up the planks I thought about how to approach the matter but honestly my mind was coming up blank, I just hoped Liam was in a better mind frame than earlier. I peered my head inside and was greeted with Liams face which was illuminated by the screen of his phone. I climbed in and sat next him, without saying a word.

He opened out his sleeping bag and threw it over my knees, remaining equally as silent. But that small gesture spoke volumes. 

"Have you been here all night?" I finally broke the silence. 

"No." He said shutting me down with bluntness. He wasn't in the mood to talk. 

"I'm sorry." I said sincerely but he didn't answer me. 

"So you met my mom?" he finally broke the tension with his frail voice.

I nodded.

"You were never meant to meet my mom." he whispered really quietly, I don't think I was meant to hear that. 

"She's - " I started, not really knowing where I was going with it. 

"She sells her body for money to whoever will buy it. Yeah I know."  he sounded bitter as anger fought to be at the forefront of his emotions.

"And Jax?" I asked, confused as to what role he plays.

"Jax pimps her out." he clenched his jaw hard enough to break his teeth and his breathing became more rapid, I started to wonder if he could handle this. He was full of resentment and rightly so. 

"And your dad?"  I couldn't stop myself pushing further.

"What dad? I've never had a dad. She doesn't even know who my dad is." 

He didn't understand why I asked about his dad but I just wanted to know where he fit into all of this. Has his mum always been like this? Was he born into prostitution? I had lots of questions but there was nothing but intense anger rippling from Liam right now and I was scared that he was dangerously close to losing it. I placed my hand on his thigh and gave it a gentle squeeze. 

He flinched, slightly which is an improvement but then he closed his eyes over and took a deep breath. I think our connection made a minuscule amount of hostility subside so I went a little further and placed my hand against his warm cheek. He didn't flinch at all, he just opened his eyes to look at me so I leaned in, closing the gap and aiming for his lips. I planted two feather soft pillows on his lips and he reciprocated the kiss in a sweet but brief moment that had no trace of fury.