Chapter 39: Dancing with Fire

Recap: (Y/n) sees Amanda in town, and asks her to look for Liam.

"My sweet rose," a voice sang out, brining (Y/n) from her sleep. Her eyes shot open, and her hand instinctively went to her pillow case. Kion hovered over her bed with an excited look on his face. (Y/n) shivered. How long had he been standing there?

"Kion," (Y/n) replied clearing her voice. She pulled the blanket up, trying to hiding her body. "What are you doing here?"

"I had a surprise for you," he replied with a flirty grin.

(Y/n) felt uncomfortable in his presence, knowing what he had done to Amanda. But she tried not to show it for fear that he would get suspicious.

"What kind of surprise?"

"Well, I guess you'll just have to follow me and see for yourself."

Kion walked over to the door and waited for her to follow.

"Oh, um can I change first?"

"Ah yes, of course," Kion replied before walking outside the door and shutting it behind him.

(Y/n) quickly changed into the most casual clothing she could find before going to the door. It was unlocked, with a certain blonde waiting on the other side.

"You ready?" he asked, and (Y/n) nodded.

I hope nothing goes wrong, she thought, but something in her gut told her that she wouldn't be that lucky.

——————————————————————

Kion led her to the ballroom. It was a room (Y/n) knew like the back of her hand. The floor still shined with polish, and the pillars were still every bit as grand as they used to be.

(Y/n) ran her finger along the wall. Not a speck of dust. For the first time, it occurred to her that someone else must have taken over her job. She had been replaced.

Bringing her attention from her thoughts, Kion held his hand out. "May I have this dance?"

(Y/n) hesitated. "But there isn't any music."

"Then we'll make our own."

He smiled at her, a look as sweet as honey. It almost made her forget what he had done. Almost.

(Y/n) took his hand, and tried to match his steps. She didn't really know how to dance, but after a few minutes, she got the hang of it.

Kion's eyes never left her own, as they fell into a comfortable silence. Changing up the pace, he spun her around. The room seemed to blur around her, and she swore she saw Samatha, wearing that same nervous smile from the night of the ball. It was just an illusion, but the image haunted her. She would never see that smile again.

That time seemed so far away now, and it pained her to know that that chapter of her life was over.

Why am I here? (Y/n) asked herself. She knew Kion well enough to know that his intentions were not as pure as they seemed. People like him, with their cunning eyes and velvet tongues, always wanted something more than they let on.

"You know," Kion began, as they fell back into rhythm, "I'm sorry about Lily and Myrrine. I can't believe Ellis would do that, especially knowing how much it would hurt you."

And there it was: his true intentions. He wanted to shift the blame from himself. It was smart, but (Y/n) wasn't stupid enough to believe him.

She debated how she should respond. He was skilled with his words, and if she wanted to get the upper hand, she would have to be too.

"How about we just get back to dancing. I'm quite enjoying it."

Kion's lips turned up, and the topic was completely forgotten. "Of course my sweet rose. Anything for you."

Kion's hands snaked around her waist. He pulled her closer, until she was inches away from his chest. (Y/n) felt his pace slow. It made her tense.

"Maybe we should take a break," she suggested.  The air had shifted, and every bone in her body told her to get away.

"I'm just getting started," Kion leaned in, whispering in her ear. (Y/n) shivered. He didn't pull back. She could feel his hot breath on her skin.

(Y/n) turned her head, and he chuckled.

"You know, we could do something other than dancing," he said.

(Y/n) pushed her hands against his chest. Her tone was more urgent now. She needed to leave. "I think I'm ready to go back."

His grip tightened. "I thought you were enjoying yourself. That is what you said, wasn't it?"

(Y/n)'s breath faltered. She was screwed. She wouldn't be able to talk her way out of this one.

"I'll be gentle," Kion told her, and his mouth went to the side of her face. He ran his tongue along the side of her ear, and she shivered at the touch.

"You like that don't you?" He mumbled, his voice raw with anticipation. His hands went to her head, and rubbed slow circles along her scalp.

(Y/n) eyes fluttered shut, and she hated it. She hated how she reacted to his touch.

"Please stop," (Y/n) said softly.

But Kion didn't stop. No, he was just getting started. He placed his lips back onto her ear and nibbled on her earlobe.

Suddenly, the door slammed open, and The two looked up.

"Get your filthy hands off of her," Leo yelled. His face was red hot with anger as he glared at his brother.

Kion laughed. The sound was deep and mocking. He placed his hand on the small of (Y/n)'s back, making sure that Leo saw. "And why should I?"

"You-you," Leo sneered. He reached his hand out towards (Y/n). "Come here (Y/n), let's leave."

(Y/n) looked between the brunette and the blonde, debating which was the better of the two. Finally, she decided that Leo, as crazy as he was, would be less likely to assault her. (Y/n) stepped forward, but Kion held her back.

"Wha—" (Y/n) began to say, but she was cut off.

Kion had spun her around and placed his lips on her own, silencing her. (Y/n)'s eyes widened with shock. But her eyes weren't focused on Kion, but rather, the glint of metal that flashed in Leo's hands.

1057 words

*insert evil author laugh* yes leave the reader on a cliffhanger 😈 Sorry if there are any mistakes. I was too tired to do much editing. And as always thanks for reading 💕

Next Update: Sat/Sun