2 | the benefactor

CHAPTER 2,

THE BENEFACTOR

"Ah, yes. Expose one of my secrets, why don't you?"

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

A RELIEVED SIGH slips past Indiana's lips as she finishes up the last of her homework, slamming her books shut and pushing it to one side of her desk. She then picks her phone up from where it was propped up against the wall. It's only propped up there because Lydia and Indiana are currently on a facetime call, the strawberry blonde helping the young girl with her homework because she was struggling and the junior is extremely smart.

Indiana remembers when she first started hanging out with Scott and Stiles, leading to Indi meeting Lydia and instantly becoming her friend. The strawberry blonde kept acting dumb while she was dating this jackass called Jackson, but the young McCall girl soon brought Lydia's true colours out and led to her now being good friends with the others as well.

"Lyds, I'm gonna go now." Indiana informs. "Thank you for helping me with my work."

"Anytime, Indi." Lydia replies. "See you tomorrow."

"Bye!" Indiana says, waving at the camera before ending the call.

The brunette walks through her house, entering Scott's room to talk to him about something when she freezes at the sight of Liam sitting there with tape covering his mouth. Her eyes fall to the duct tape tying him to the wooden chair before she finally turns to the two juniors with a brow raised.

"Care to explain?" Indiana questions.

"Uh..." Scott begins, unsure of what to say.

"Scott, you told me you were going to take him home safely that's why I stayed with Mom until her shift ended!" Indiana exclaims.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Scott apologises.

"This is why I come up with the plans." Stiles states.

Rolling her eyes at the both of them, Indiana lean forwards and gently pulling the tape off of his mouth to avoid hurting him. She then goes to take his restraints off when Stiles reaches forwards, grabbing the girls arm and pulling her away from the boy.

"Okay, Liam, now you've seen a lot of confusing things tonight. And more confusing things are going to happen because of the confusing things that happened tonight." Stiles informs. "Do you understand?"

Liam shakes his head. "Not really."

"I don't understand either." Scott says.

"Maybe you should tell him." Stiles suggests.