How you like that~50

-
If you knew the places that I've been?
-

Chan's words echoed through Rin's ears, and the girl froze- time itself mocking her action

Eyes darting around wildly, she watched everyone move in slow-motion, listening intensely to the vociferous cries of her heart, pouring relentlessly against her ribcage. Almost as if the organ were preforming a drum solo in front of a crowd, she was sure everyone could here it, yet no one showed it.

Through her earpiece, she could hear the seemingly distant echo of Jisung's incoherent shrieks of concern, yet she couldn't make out his words- they seemed muffled in her mind.

Her stomach became a hurricane of anxiety, and if twisted viciously within her, lurching so violently that she wondered if it was trying to escape her body. The long, hairy legs of spiders seemed to prickle against her intestines, and the tiny beasts of nervousness flooded through her insides, swarming her belly but creeping up her spine- ready to poison her mind with lethal, pessimistic poison.

She observed the way Changbin's stoic expression curled into that of a wickedly excited one, his lips quirking upwards into a malevolent, evil smirk as his dark eyes seemed to radiate darkness- casing shadows onto her surroundings.

In the doorway stood Renjun, and the soft clicking of his own gun rising cut through the air, loud in the girl's ears as she watched Chan's gun shift to the boy behind her.

She stood beside Chenle, and Changbin's gun wasn't pointed at her, it was her soulmate, but if that gun went off, she knew they were both to die. Despite that, she knew that if Chenle heard a gunshot, Chenle would fire his own gun- possibly killing Changbin as quickly as he could.

But he couldn't dodge bullets.

If one took a shot at the other, both would end up inevitably dead, or at least, fatally injured without proper treatment.

Rin's rapid, wide eyes drifted towards her long-lost brother, breath refusing to exit her throat as she gazed upon him.

Jeongin's eyes were wider than the moon, flooded with concern as they zipped around him- almost as if his gaze was following a quick fly. His eyebrows were sewn together, and Rin watched as the blood that flowed through his veins drained from his face, leaving the boy paler than a ghost.

Jeongin looked just as terrified as Rin felt, and such a sight pained Rin's heart; she didn't want her brother to be scared, not now, not ever.

Changbin's palm stretched over the knurled grip of his gun, tightening as he knew he was about to take a shot- Chenle doing the same.

At first, Rin didn't know what had happened.

A blur of motion flurried past her eyes, shoving past Rin, nearly knocking her over, and a long arm stretched across her vision, obscuring some of her sight. Chenle's gun brushed against the boy's shoulder, refusing to retract his aim despite the new arrival's appearance, whilst Changbin's gun hovered an inch in front of his nose- pausing as he saw his identity.

Rin's eyes trailed up the arm that remained levitating before her eyes. Starting from the boy's thin, skeleton-like fingers, her gaze found its way to the grey hoodie he wore- following its folds like a pathway.

Eyes raking over a black head of hair, Rin's breath trapped itself within her lungs, finding none other than her brother standing at her defense.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Changbin seethed, his voice dripping with venomous resentment.

Teeth clenched together as Changbin froze, his knuckles grew white as he itched to pull the trigger and end a life, but Jeongin had to get in the way- the one person in front of him he couldn't kill.

The shuffling of Stray Kids gripping onto their own weapons was heard, and Rin tensed miserably, eyes welling in terrified tears.

"I'm not losing my sister again," Jeongin whimpered, yet his words shook with fear as he desperately tried to sound strong. "I won't survive the second time, so go ahead and kill me- I won't live either way."

Jeongin stared intensely at Changbin, expecting the loud noise of a bullet ringing through the air, then the unbearable pain that followed, yet he was sure it wouldn't hurt nearly as much as losing his family again.

Believing his entire bloodline had been murdered, Jeongin had fallen into a state of unfixable despair, and he had felt no reason to live, for he had nothing in this world to cling onto; no one that knew him, no one that loved him, and no one that acted like a rock for him.

He had always felt alone, as if he was a ghost that wandered the earth; he was supposed to be dead, he belonged with the dead like everyone he cared for did, and there had been no point behind the vigorous beating of his heart.

But he had got someone back. He had his sister back, and now he wasn't lonely; he had another undead being that understood his pain, and he could tell, just by the gleaming of her eyes, that she felt a similar way.

Jeongin didn't fear death, for he had already experienced it when he had heard his family died.

It was the worst pain he had ever felt, almost as if someone had drove a knife into his chest, then proceeded to rip his flesh out of his body, throwing out his ribs until his barely-beating heart was exposed, and had finished him off by slowly, tantalizingly prying the organ from his chest.

Since then, he was a hollow zombie that craved the familiarity of his loved ones, yet they were dead- gone, and waiting for him to join them.

But she wasn't dead.

If he lost her again, if she actually died, than he knew the pure agony that would infiltrate his body wouldn't allow him to live on, so to him, it was either die protecting the one you loved, or die mourning them.

And Jeongin hated mourning.

"Either you kill me, or fuck off," Jeongin challenged, eyes flashing dangerously.