Chapter 20: Others on the run

{Skull shatterer}

A week ago, Former Foot soldier Ako ran away after witnessing her best friend die. Yep of course, their plan was revealed. We don't know if she's alive or dead. Ako was a smart person although she liked to act dumb and clueless...but then again, I suppose she had a legit reason for it and Boss hung former Footsoldier Yumi's Corpse right smack dab in the middle of the main room as an example of what happens when someone defies the Reunion. Two days after Ako ran away, The living conditions got too bad for even me. A few of my friends thought the same...so we decided it was our turn. We couldn't bail out the same way Ako did, considering Shale and Mephisto Collapsed the tunnel.

I spent a week stalking out the Garage. I drew up a chart of who would keep watch over them and I came up with a plan. Every night, the pattern seemed solid. They would have one or two people walking around and guarding the cars. the shifts would last two full hours. the guards would leave the room and two others would come in their place five minutes later. it was a long gap, but not enough for me to pick an escape car, jimmy the door open, hotwire it and get everyone in. However, at midnight, There was a 30 minute gap for their lunch break.

I woke up in my assigned room, which was Ako and Yumi's old room. I coughed a few times due to dust lingering on the old rotten floor. I got up, put on my jacket, and put my mask on. Carefully, I crept to the door and opened it. I looked both ways to see an empty, dank hallway, once I was satisfied that no one would be coming to check on me, I shut my lockless door and hurried over to the window. I pulled it open and looked down below....35 feet from the ground I looked up 15 feet ahead, Crownslayer had her window open as I had instructed. I could take the stairs, with 70% chance of being seen. or take the window, with a 0% chance of being seen and 60% chance of falling and landing on the spikes down below. Fuck it, my plan would probably fail anyway tonight. 

I grabbed onto the lead pipe that ran up the building near my window and began to slowly climb up it. Steadily and slowly, This pipe was very unstable and it lightly rattled against the loose braces that held it. I jumped the last couple of inches and slowly pulled myself into the room. Already my muscles were aching from the climb.

I looked around the room that was completely empty except for a old rickety bed with Crownslayer on it, asleep and snoring soundly. I took off my mask.

I was expecting her to be awake at least.

"Hey, Kanna, wake up." I said, calling her by name. She didn't stir.

"Kanna." I said again, shaking her shoulder.I called her name a bit louder, nothing

"Whatever....This will wake you up nicely." I grabbed a nearby towel, wound it up and snapped it on her butt. 

She yelped and bolted upright. I wasn't worried by noise since Crownslayer was the only person alive in her squad and she was the only person on the 30th floor.

"Ow! Misha! You're such an ass!" She said.

"Well I only called your name seven times. C'mon, it's midnight. you want to get out of here or what?"

"Yeah...let me get dressed first."

 "Ight, I'll wait for you outside."

I never knew why, but She always slept half naked...I could see why in this hot temperature but when A Reunion member wakes someone up, they don't knock on the door they walk in and physically wake you up. I couldn't do that knowing that someone would see me with no shirt on the next morning, that would be completely embarrassing. She came out minuites later, mask on, hood on.