⇢ CHAPTER 8

season 4 episode 14

"Ooh," Holly hummed, "cake

"Ooh," Holly hummed, "cake."

Holly grabbed a slice as Lexie reached out for one as well, "Good find."

"Thanks."

"So," Lexie started as they walked away from the lunch line to their chair, "how's it going with George?"

"Oh," Holly started, "it's not really--"

"Holly, Lexie," George called out as he saw them passing by, "I need you to fill out a form."

"A form?" Holly frowned her eyebrows as she sat in the table with Alex and George, who passed her the paper. 

"It's the sex police." Alex groaned as he lifted his tired head from his hand.

"Sex police?" Holly muttered as she looked down at the form and realized she needed to list 'sexual relations.' Awkwardly looking at the form and George, she thought of how she would tell her friend she was a virgin as Meredith came in.

"Meredith," George turned his head to face her, "I'm gonna need your form."

"Don't ask, don't tell, George." Meredith remarked, "Forms are stupid."

"Yeah," George continued, "I'm still gonna need it, though." He handed a pen to Holly, "Pen?"

"Uh..." She stared at the pen and hesitantly took it.

Rose came up to George and leaned in, "I, um..." She whispered, although not that low because everyone at the table could hear her, "think I'll need one of those after all."

"What?" George frowned his eyebrows, "Why?"

"Um..." Rose awkwardly chuckled.

"Oh." Realization came into George's face as he glanced at Meredith before passing her a form, "I'll just, um..."

Rose grabbed the form and nodded lightly, "Thank you."

Meredith smiled sarcastically as Lexie spoke, "Oh, God. I'm so sorry."

George looked at Meredith, "Do you want me to get Cristina?"

"Derek is with Rose," Meredith tightened her smile, "and I'm okay that Derek is with Rose."

George nodded before grabbing a recorder and spoke into it, "Get Cristina. Get her form."

"Uh, you--" Lexie shook her head.

Holly grabbed her soda as she shook her head, "You don't want to go near Cristina right now."

"Why," Meredith gasped, "is she crying?"

"Nope."

"Is she staring straight ahead being super-scary quiet?"

"She's singing." Lexie replied, making Meredith pull a shocked face before getting up and walking to the morgue where Cristina was singing.

"I still need your form." George called out to Meredith.

"Here," Alex said as he passed George his form, "Perv Boy. Enjoy."

George looked down at the form, "This isn't complete."

George passed Alex the form back and Alex looked over it before shaking his head, "It's fine." George gave him a look, "What?" George trailed his eyes to Lexie and Alex nodded, "Oh, right. Sorry." He grabbed the pen from his pocket, "I forgot."

Holly's jaw slackened as she glared at Alex, who passed the form back to George before walking away. Lexie whispered, "He forgot he had sex with me?"

Holly scoffed, "Wow."

George shook his head, "I just collect the forms."

Lexie slammed her hand on the table, "He forgot he had sex with me?"

Seeing as it was only George and Lexie, Holly discreetly passed the form back onto George's pile of finished forms. He looked and frowned his eyebrows, "It's incomplete."

"No, it isn't." Holly shook her head, sinking herself into her seat as she sipped on her soda.

Lexie started, "George--" 

"I just don't need a form." Holly shrugged.

"Don't need a form?" George frowned his eyebrows as he chuckled, "Why wouldn't you--" he paused, "oh."

Holly rolled her eyes as she got up, "Yeah. 'Oh.'"

Lexie squinted at George once Holly walked away, "Nice."

George sat down and raised his hands in surrender, "How was I supposed to know? Did you know?"

"I used context clues, George." Lexie scoffed.

George sighed, "I screwed up."

Walking up to Lexie and George by the bar, Holly took a shot, "The Chief called me in to explain why my form was empty." She laughed, the alcohol making it's way through her since she was a lightweight, "As if it's impossible to be a virgin and work for that hospital."

Lexie added, "I just called three of my ex-boyfriends to find out how unforgettable I am." She paused as she nodded, "I left messages. I'm sure they'll call me back."

"So what," George waved his hand, "you're a virgin. It's normal." He looked at Lexie, "And so you made a mistake and slept with Alex? No one has made more mistakes or slept with more inappropriate people or been more publicly humiliated than me. Let me be an inspiration." The girls chuckled, "Look at me-- I am the Chief's intern. I am the man at the right hand... of the man." 

They brought their cups together to cheers as Lexie nodded her head, "Wow."

They took a sip and Holly chuckled, "No, no." She corrected, "Let me be an example." She drank more, "I'm a virgin and I doubt I'll have sex before marriage even if I wanted to."

They all laughed, drank, and cheered more-- blissfully unaware of what the future had planned for the redhead and man-who-has-inappropriate-sex-with-people. 

✧✧✧

👀👀👀